Author Topic: QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs - Sales and valuation advice  (Read 6241 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs - Sales and valuation advice
« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2012, 08:40 PM »
There is a full set of Q2 clubs on ebay right now.
Seller lives close to Aberdeen .

Note: link not active so has been removed
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 12:02 PM by Alan Snelson »
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2012, 05:54 PM »
We received an email regarding a set of the QE Golf Clubs that are for sale

If any Forum Member is interested they should contact Mr Haigh by email. 
jhaigh@cfl.rr.com

I bought a set of QE Clubs many years ago set no 0138 stamped on all the clubs. I used them for a couple years and I am now trying to find a new home for them. I have no idea of value but probably looking for around £350. 

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 12:03 PM by Alan Snelson »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Eirwen Driver

« Reply #22 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Hi

I have just joined the forum, having done some research on the QE2 and her memorabilia.

I spotted this website whilst doing some research on a set of QE2 golf clubs that we have. My father-in-law was the choice pilot on the QE2 in Southampton before he retired  (Capt. Peter Driver) so we have a long family history of association with Cunard and the QE2 in particular. He and my mother-in-law cruised several times on her and my husband and I were lucky enough to travel on her twice as well.

We now have a full set of limited editon boxed Swilken QE2 clubs and irons, made from the propellors of the ship, bought by my father-in-law, and we have the certificate of authentication. He played with them about three times so they are officially 'used' but one or two of them are unused.

They are a true collectors' item for QE2 memorabilia or simply as golf clubs. We would be interested in selling them. Any reasonable offers will be considered and the clubs are located in Southampton.

Eirwen Driver

Offline Head Badger

« Reply #23 on: Oct 29, 2012, 12:15 PM »
Hi Eirwen, and welcome to the site, I am pretty new as well so still feeling my way around.

I also have a set of clubs which have never seen a golf ball let alone a golf course !
I think you will find that the value of your clubs have greatly diminished due to them having been used and I would think you are looking at a few hundred even though not all have been used.

Try ebay or a golfing memorabilia auction. ( put a reserve on them ! )

The best of luck with your sale.
Badger.
Some of the best years of my life !!

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #24 on: Oct 29, 2012, 12:44 PM »
Welcome, Eirwen -- we hope you will enjoy this web site!

You may already have spied our main thread on the Q2 golf clubs, which is here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2362.0.html

I for one (never been near a golf course...) would also love to read some more about your own memories of QE2 and those of your father-in-law, which must be fascinating!

Meanwhile, best of luck with the sale of the clubs :) .

Offline Rod

« Reply #25 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Welcome Eirwen. I am sue you will find something to help you regarding the golf clubs on the site, in the threads mentioned.

Offline Barrie Evans

« Reply #26 on: Oct 31, 2012, 03:15 AM »
 :)I would like to make a bid for the golf clubs. My bid would be £150 

In friendship

Barrie

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 08:00 PM »
Here is a set of clubs for sale just now on ebay - buy it now for £3900

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-set-of-the-very-best-Swilken-Q2-golf-clubs-made-from-QE2-propeller-in-1988-/271201701995?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&hash=item3f24e1906b

Moderator's edit : The sale ended with the item at GBP 3,900. It is not clear from the ebay page whether the item was actually sold (my guess is that it was not, since the item was subsequently relisted on a page that has since disappeared).
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 08:01 PM »
More pics from that ebay listing...
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 08:05 PM »

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 08:11 PM »
An expensive set at the buy it now price, wonder how much they would really accept for it ?
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 12:04 PM by Alan Snelson »
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Oh my, there's another set now! - starting bid £300!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPLETE-SET-OF-QE2-GOLF-CLUBS-/321123869112?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&hash=item4ac47961b8

Moderator's edit : The seller was looking for GBP 300, and received no bids. The item was not sold.
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 12:04 PM by Alan Snelson »

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Admin have been contacted in relation to the sale a set of
QE2 clubs made from the QE2 propeller. The set in its original wooden case is as follows:

3 woods
9 irons
1 putter

They were bought in December 1989.  They are boxed, unused and have the original QE2 portfolio with the history etc.

The seller also has a set of Royal Yacht Britannia clubs that comprise of 9 irons and 1 putter.   This set was bought around the same time as the QE2 golf clubs. 

Should you wish more details about either of these items you can contact the seller at her email address. 

susan.684@btinternet.com
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 11:48 AM by Alan Snelson »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Jimmy Walker

« Reply #33 on: Apr 22, 2016, 10:56 AM »
Still got full set of clubs and still crated and wrapped. Photographs available on request. Owner in Rutherglen and bought through Crail golf professional in 1986. Inspection no problem to verify authenticity. £3300.00 for full set.
Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: Apr 22, 2016, 11:33 PM »
Still got full set of clubs and still crated and wrapped. Photographs available on request. Owner in Rutherglen and bought through Crail golf professional in 1986. Inspection no problem to verify authenticity. £3300.00 for full set.
Jimmy

It would be a great idea to attach some photographs, so that members and guests can see the set, if possible.

You might also like to read the postings above, which seem to indicate that GBP 500 would be a more realistic price.

Offline Head Badger

« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2016, 12:12 PM »
I also have a boxed set of Q2 clubs which I purchased through the professional at Gleneagles, they cost £1000.00 so would NOT be selling them for £500.00 and yes, they are in pristine condition !
I also bought the Swilken Q2 putter Royale a few years later, I found it on sale at the swilken factory closure sale (serial No. 2947 which is my day of birth and the year I was born so I just had to have it!)
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 11:47 AM by Alan Snelson »
Some of the best years of my life !!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #36 on: Aug 21, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Hi,

We have received a message from a lady who has a full set for sale, in their original crate, completely unused.

If you would like to contact her, please email admin@theqe2story.com and we'll pass it on.

I would love to be able to help her get a rough valuation of them - e.g. "don't accept less than..." - but I don't know what anyone has actually sold them for.

What I don't get from reading through all the messages - these are collectible items - they were never really meant for playing with (were they?) - so why does the fact that a modern player wouldn't use them affect their value?

- Rob
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 11:47 AM by Alan Snelson »

Offline Eve Shields

« Reply #37 on: Mar 06, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Hi there, I recently joined this forum, as a few years ago, my dad got left a set of golf clubs, that were made from the QE2 propellers. He has since passed them to me and I'm certainly no keen golfer!  His friend must have used them a few times, however they are still in good condition, and I'm unsure as what to do with them for the best as I'm moving in the next few months!
Can anyone suggest the best place to maybe sell them please? They are no longer in their original box, but they're all there as far as I'm aware! Haha
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks

« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Hello Eve, you are very welcome here!

Having followed this topic for some time, my feeling is that it is very unlikely that you will achieve a high price for these golf clubs. Not only does it seem that there are more of them around than there is demand for them, but also they are not really very good as golf clubs, and as memorabilia they would probably need to be brand new and unused and in their case.

However... I know from experience what it is like to try and reduce your household size! Would it be an idea to donate them to your local golf club in return for a little plaque in memory of QE2 and your father?

Offline Rosemary Bald

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Cast from the original bronze propellers, right?
I have a full set of QE2 Swilken Golf Clubs.  Never been used, in fact never been out of original crate.  All in perfect condition.  All original documentation.
I want to sell them, any reasonable offer accepted.  Can be collected or I can ship.  They are in Fife.

Greenock Golf Club

Started by No 736Board Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 3
Views: 1295
Last post Nov 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
by Peter Mugridge
QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs made from her propellors

Started by WaverleyBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 44
Views: 44501
Last post Mar 29, 2021, 06:59 PM
by Rob Lightbody