Author Topic: QE2 Items on Ebay  (Read 113159 times)

bobso

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 Items on Ebay
« Reply #362 on: Jun 14, 2012, 11:59 PM »
  Link here to a VINTAGE 1968 ADVERT Cunard QE2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1968-ADVERT-Cunard-QE2-/180897561525?pt=UK_Collectables_Vintage_RL&hash=item2a1e55bbb5 

Its a lovely advert, l  purchased a large poster size original photo in black and white of that same view of QE2..heres  a glimpse
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #363 on: Jun 15, 2012, 12:03 AM »
Link to an old item from the Maiden Voyage of the QE2--bit the worse for wear--but who isn't after all this time?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIN-RMS-QUEEN-ELIZABETH-2-MAIDEN-VOYAGE-1969-Rothmans-Cigarettes-Advertising-/140772078938?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item20c6ab755a 

This is something that has been doing the rounds on ebay for years, l wonder if its the same tin, its sold for various prices over the years, but this is the lowest yet...im almost tempted to put in a bid...

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #364 on: Jun 15, 2012, 12:06 AM »
  For the Whisky drinkers amongst us--or simply the "Collector"--maybe one for Myles to add to his collection?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Queen-Elizabeth-2-Whisky-Flagon-UK-ONLY-Cunard-/320923098268?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item4ab881dc9c
Given the price its  a good buy, But the ribbon keeping the stopper should actually be a green tartan... shame they dont have the box and the extra bits.... Thanks Bobso for thinking of me, l will pass on this one,as if l need any more of the black ones ;).

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #365 on: Jun 15, 2012, 12:13 AM »
Here is a link to an interesting item--

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Queen-Elizabeth-2-Cunard-Leather-folder-/320923093958?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item4ab881cbc6   

Havent we all got one of these ? the night l obtained mine,  l quietly asked the waiter if such things could be bought, l could see his little eyes working overtime and the reply was that they were not for sale, as such....so l made sure the next round l left a dollar bill and low and behold it was secretly passed presented as l left the bar... 

Online Twynkle

« Reply #366 on: Jun 15, 2012, 08:04 AM »
Havent we all got one of these ? the night l obtained mine,  l quietly asked the waiter if such things could be bought, l could see his little eyes working overtime and the reply was that they were not for sale, as such....so l made sure the next round l left a dollar bill and low and behold it was secretly passed presented as l left the bar...

Oh! Myles......
That really was a Low and Behold Event.
Some might say 'Shocking', even.
You got one for 50p?
What on earth Do You Do with it?

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #367 on: Jun 15, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Oh! Myles......
That really was a Low and Behold Event.
Some might say 'Shocking', even.
You got one for 50p?
What on earth Do You Do with it?

I should have said that the dollar bill wasnt a dollar bill but a note of higher value.
What do l do with it.....Nothing, it just sits there..what else can you do with it ?

Online Barrie Evans

« Reply #368 on: Jun 15, 2012, 04:56 PM »
I should have said that the dollar bill wasnt a dollar bill but a note of higher value.
What do l do with it.....Nothing, it just sits there..what else can you do with it ?

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/193/qe2fashions060.jpg

Hi Myles, I just wondered how much you did pay for you Q E 2 leather folder. I took the opertunity of buying mine for $5, from Cunard on the day of our final Q E 2 cruise on November 11th 2008. They said that if you took it as a "Upaid Souvenir" you would have a charge of $15 added to your credit card account!..So it worked out about £3-50 at the time. Not bad for a good keep sake. Im still very miffed that Cunard did not give us any present what so ever as a little momento .
Barrie
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2012, 05:05 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #369 on: Jun 15, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Barrie
Do you mean the incabin information folder ? the folder pictured is the one that the waiter would present your bar chit to sign.
As for the incabin folder my stewardess from l think 2001,  l always happened to see onboard every voyage, she gave me an incabin folder when l saw her on the 11th November for the last time.l gave her one of my badges.

At the risk of going off topic, she had no idea what her future was going to be after QE2 docked in Dubai. Which given her level of customer service. l felt was a disgrace..

Online Twynkle

« Reply #370 on: Jul 01, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Take a look at the table here.
It's from the Midships Bar, an original designed by William Plunkett.
It is Item no. in ebay uk 260999812278, and for sale by The Pursers Locker.
http://www.ebay.co.uk

Is there a way that the image can be posted on the forum more permanently under a more appropriate topic
without it being contrary to copyright laws?

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Twynkle

Offline riskygizmo

« Reply #372 on: Jul 14, 2012, 07:05 PM »
NOT on Ebay, but in a saleroom in Montrose.

http://www.taylors-auctions.com/acatalog/info_247.html

http://www.taylors-auctions.com/acatalog/Images_Painting_Sale_Images___21st_July_2012_1.html#tabsTop

A rather good painting of The Ship in her earliest days. From what I can find online John Nicholson is [was]
a Leeds based commercial marine artist, his paintings being used mostly for postcard production. The sale is
next saturday (21 July) and I'm sure they'd take commission bids over the phone or even live phone bids if you asked nicely. No indication of the size, but at an estimate of £20-£30 it must be worth a punt to one of you.
Full Away on Passage.

Online Twynkle

« Reply #373 on: Jul 14, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Oh! What a lovely painting!
Interesting that there are no further details - size of canvas, date etc
It could be quite big.

Please Mods - would it be OK for this picture also to be posted on the Forum in the topic Paintings of QE2?

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #374 on: Jul 22, 2012, 05:48 PM »
NOT on Ebay, but in a saleroom in Montrose.

http://www.taylors-auctions.com/acatalog/info_247.html

Its sold for a total of £160.. its a shame they didnt show the full painting, its a real beauty

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #375 on: Jul 22, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Im kicking myself, my uncle was dispatched there, he lives in Montrose l told him bid upto £120 or there abouts :'( :'(

Offline tdickson

« Reply #376 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:31 AM »
Just noticed on the Ebay (Cunard) category,  someone is auctioning of a piece of carpet, which is mounted in rather a large frame, the carpet apparently is from the main lobby and is mostly of the "Cunard Golden Lion" crest which was removed on the her last refit
=Happy Bidding

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #377 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:03 PM »
 The carpet seller keeps changing his mind and l dont think has any idea of what hes selling, first of all it cant be rolled up as its fixed to the wooden backing, then it can, then he wont post it saying that its collect only then he s offering £25 courier shipping then he cancels it as he wants to appeal to the overseas market, but he wont ship overseas. and trying to get that last photo showing it all in its place was like getting blood from a stone..
Then to top it all... he removes the listing AGAIN !!! bids had reached  over £300...

Offline Howie

« Reply #378 on: Jan 10, 2013, 12:49 PM »
Having a bit of a QE2 clear out... will be putting a few things on,, need space so will put on some furniture, three seater sofa & various furniture, but starting with some small stuff first as below.
Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230910662517?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Offline Howie

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2013, 11:07 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Queen Elizabeth Items for sale

Started by bobsoBoard RMS Queen Elizabeth (1940)

Replies: 2
Views: 3054
Last post Jun 09, 2012, 04:41 PM
by bobso
Summary of Main Items to make QE2 suitable for cruising

Started by Michael GallagherBoard QE2 Concept and Design

Replies: 2
Views: 1793
Last post Mar 18, 2011, 09:26 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2, Alcohol and Collectors' Items - Miniatures, bottle-openers, corkscrews etc!

Started by TwynkleBoard The QE2 herself

Replies: 5
Views: 1383
Last post Aug 12, 2017, 09:17 AM
by Malcolm
Final (Cunard) Voyage Commemorative Items to Crew

Started by skilly56Board Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 5
Views: 2767
Last post Nov 25, 2009, 11:51 PM
by Andy F
QE2 Models on Ebay