Author Topic: QE2 Items on Ebay  (Read 113175 times)

Offline Rod

Re: QE2 Items on Ebay
« Reply #220 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:19 PM »
48,000 tons?????? UH that might be worth more than you think!

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #221 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:10 PM »
    Here is my latest purchase from E-Bay---picture enclosed--bought for the princely sum of £0-99p

I remember one of these popped up 6 or so years ago... l stopped bidding at £35.00
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #222 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:02 PM »
There is a Transart brochure on ebay just now at a good price. Sold for £50

Here is the item

Here is our discussion about the book - https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2733.0.html
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012, 06:30 PM by Lynda »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Rod

« Reply #223 on: Jan 29, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Yes!. I believe they wer to get onto the deck by the double down bar. Or whatever it became. One of those portholes became a casualty of the Falklands after it was shot!

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #224 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:52 PM »
There is a Transart brochure on ebay just now at a good price.

It sure was, lm delighted with the price.... went in with what l thought was an offer that would be refused with the famous phrase, my "first and only offer" amazingly they accepted....

Its also a very interesting item..

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #225 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:58 PM »

[/quote]
It sure was, lm delighted with the price.... went in with what l thought was an offer that would be refused with the famous phrase, my "first and only offer" amazingly they accepted....

Its also a very interesting item..

Lucky you that is a really good price for the Transart brochure. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Barrie Evans

« Reply #226 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Hi Lynda,   ::) ::) ::) ::)I agree with you that you could get a lot of cruise dresses for the money. It also seems a bit of a cheek for the seller to ask for £10-00p postage--for the money he is asking it darn well ought to be FREE POSTAGE!!
And what proof is there to say that the flag is genuine!  ::)
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2012, 09:05 AM by Barrie Evans »

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #227 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:27 PM »
In Haste--Link here to a flag from the QE2--maybe someone on the forum would like to purchase this item--Lynda--Rob--Myles or Rosie!! --

Nope...something just doest sit right with it.. and for the price l would expect a bit more information and  a few more photos..and given its a "best offer" then that price will bear no resemblance to what actual price the buyer will accept.
But then a member on here has had dealings with the seller in the past...and it wasnt me  :-X

Offline riskygizmo

« Reply #228 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Bob,

Re those cufflinks, I have a pair almost identical (mine have scalloped edges rather than milled) made by Stratton. They were
a gift brought home by my mum in the late 70's. I have seen them on Ebay before selling for silly money, hope you were a proper
Fifer about the price.

Anyway, welcome back and keep taking the tablets.
Full Away on Passage.

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #229 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:15 AM »
I'd say the back pair are early ones since they have that original neat QE2 logo, so I reckon you did OK.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #230 on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:30 PM »
I bought them for £15-00p--including postage and i thought them a good buy at that price. Did i do alright? 
Yes its safe to say that, and given how much lv seen them going for in the past, you did very well.... very well indeed

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #231 on: Feb 11, 2012, 07:19 PM »
   Good Morning Myles, I have looked at the origonal picture and have "cropped" it--and i still can't see a "rainbow flag"- -just where are you? Maybe you could let us see where you are on the picture i am enclosing.

Ok as you look at the photo,Far left in front of the bridge support you will see on the white rim of the viewing area ,a small object hanging over the edge, that is the rainbow (what l thought was a big) flag ..am l making sense  :-\

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #232 on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Nice item here --but a bit pricey--

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cunard-QE2-Mug-/280824788766?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item416276371e 

...and its chipped.... But given the fact its probably a travel agents freebie makes it rarer  :-\

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #233 on: Feb 19, 2012, 02:35 PM »
  Nice QE2 item--anyone interested?---

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superb-QE2-Print-Famous-Titanic-Artist-Signed-/110825374125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cdb501ad   

There is an even nicer one, without that "thing" behind her ;)

Offline Stowaway2k

« Reply #234 on: Feb 23, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Anyone have a copy of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-Welcome-Aboard-Travel-Ocean-LIner-day-by-day-acct-aboard-QE2-/380412564550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58925b1446

Yes, it's a nice children's book, a good one for the liner library.
The authoress, Ms. Huff, was a regular crosser on QE2.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #235 on: Feb 23, 2012, 08:05 PM »
  Anyone have a copy of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-Welcome-Aboard-Travel-Ocean-LIner-day-by-day-acct-aboard-QE2-/380412564550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58925b1446   
Bought mine onboard in 1988...

Another QE2 legend..Barbara Huff

rmeneses

« Reply #236 on: Feb 26, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Be interesting to hear members thoughts on THIS piece of QE2-- :-\

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Queen-Elizabeth-2-Crystal-Ship-/190644588120?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item2c634d8e58

Yikes!  It pains me to see inaccurate or shoddy items being sold to people who don't know better, maybe this crystal item is legitimate, for examole, there is this individual who claims to be a "Master Builder" and claims his models are "historically accurate", what do you think?  I have been contemplating writing to him about my concerns...maybe I should let it go?

http://www.handcraftedmodelships.com/queen-mary-model-ship.php

Online Twynkle

« Reply #237 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:38 AM »
Yikes!  It pains me to see inaccurate or shoddy items being sold to people who don't know better, maybe this crystal item is legitimate, for examole, there is this individual who claims to be a "Master Builder" and claims his models are "historically accurate", what do you think?  I have been contemplating writing to him about my concerns...maybe I should let it go?

http://www.handcraftedmodelships.com/queen-mary-model-ship.php

Tempted to say' Yes...But....!
There are other references on the forum to 'alternative' representations of QE2
ranging from QE2 cakes to the glass  encased cut glass engraved model of QE2 presented to each and every crew member as she left service with Cunard in Dubai - and not forgetting various bow-shaped buidings dotted round the world!
I'll have a look for the links later - no time now!

Your model of RMSQM id superb - and have to admit that I love the idea of keeping QE2 alive, even if it's as a bit of rather misshapen glass/ plastic!

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #238 on: Feb 27, 2012, 01:17 PM »
   Hard to find this one as well--and i had the same one given to me as a gift last Christmas from my Wife.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schreiber-Bogen-RMS-Queen-Elizabeth-2-/140710581664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20c30115a0 

I bought one of these several years ago, and paid a fraction of the price, it still remains unopened and unmade..someday perhaps..

bobso

« Reply #239 on: Mar 04, 2012, 04:40 PM »
In case anyone missed out before--here is a link to another one---
Steam Turbine Commemorative Sculpture sold for £49.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QE2-Steam-Turbine-Commemorative-Sculpture-/230753024798?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item35b9f3bb1e
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012, 06:34 PM by Lynda »

Queen Elizabeth Items for sale

Started by bobsoBoard RMS Queen Elizabeth (1940)

Replies: 2
Views: 3054
Last post Jun 09, 2012, 04:41 PM
by bobso
Summary of Main Items to make QE2 suitable for cruising

Started by Michael GallagherBoard QE2 Concept and Design

Replies: 2
Views: 1793
Last post Mar 18, 2011, 09:26 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2, Alcohol and Collectors' Items - Miniatures, bottle-openers, corkscrews etc!

Started by TwynkleBoard The QE2 herself

Replies: 5
Views: 1383
Last post Aug 12, 2017, 09:17 AM
by Malcolm
Final (Cunard) Voyage Commemorative Items to Crew

Started by skilly56Board Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 5
Views: 2767
Last post Nov 25, 2009, 11:51 PM
by Andy F
QE2 Models on Ebay