Author Topic: QE2 Items on Ebay  (Read 113170 times)

Offline riskygizmo

Re: QE2 Items on Ebay
« Reply #140 on: Jul 30, 2011, 05:39 PM »
That'd be "Big Andy" the sports store owner and darts fanatic from Philly. If you go to the virtual chart room archive and look at
"Forum logo - help wanted"  post 19 shows the patch he had made up for the first visit of QE2 to his city. I'm pretty sure he set
the visit up himself.

Interestingly, it was on the run back to Blighty from Philly that it was announced that the ship was to be "taken up from trade" and sent south as a troopship.

The design for the patches came fom the 1980 world cruise logo used by Cunard.
Full Away on Passage.

bobso

« Reply #141 on: Jul 30, 2011, 07:05 PM »
In the auction for the QE2 Maiden Voyage bag, the same man who tried to sell this souvenier of the QE2 at £99--99p--has re-listed it at

£49--99p. This still seems quite a lot for a bag. Do other members think the same?--or is this REALLY a bargain?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200635933945&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

Online Bob C.

« Reply #142 on: Jul 30, 2011, 10:43 PM »
Not in my day...napking rings were never used. Like the QE2 ashtrays they disappeared at a fantastic rate.

I've got a QE2 ashtray in a box somewhere.  It is from our stateroom and we did not smoke.  We aren't the souvenir theiving type but I had found a diamond between the wood dance floor and the carpet in the Double Room and we had to check to see if it was real - enter the glass ash tray.  We scratched it with diamond and it left a deep gouge so we kept it as a memory piece.

As for the diamond, doing the responsible thing at age 11 we turned it in to the purser.  Unfortunately I don't know if it ever found its way back to its owner.

But ash trays were part of the decor all over the ship back in the day.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #143 on: Jul 31, 2011, 04:48 PM »
In the auction for the QE2 Maiden Voyage bag, the same man who tried to sell this souvenier of the QE2 at £99--99p--has re-listed it at

£49--99p. This still seems quite a lot for a bag. Do other members think the same?--or is this REALLY a bargain?

Well there are a number of ways to look at, Hes only charging £4 postage, But if it sells at the price of £49.99 he really needs to send it insured which will cost between £7 -£9 for the uk in case. Sadly there are some buyers out there who might claim the item hasnt been received and unless you have a "trackable" method of posting then in the end ebay will side against the buyer and do what's known as a charge back and claim the money back from the seller who in the end will lose out by this. Sadly this level of abuse is increasing and more people are sending items recorded dely.

He hasnt given any idea of the size of the bag, remember l did say previously its not as big as you imagine it to be.
Personally l think hes aware of the number of people watching this item (im one of them and have no intention of bidding) and will probably be expecting it to sell right away for  a hefty price.

However with a bit of wisdom all he has to do is list it with a very low starting price, say £9.99 pop in a reserve of £50 which is the minimum allowed and see what happens. When the auction ends and should the reserve not be met, he then has the option to make a second chance offer to the higher bidder.

I would be glad to pay about £20 or so for the bag, but not much more.Its not a bag you would use, it might be nice on display, and if you took it onboard the new Cunard ships there no knowing what reaction you might get.....
Is it worth the money.as with all ebay stuff have a price in mind and dont get involved in a bidding war
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

bobso

« Reply #144 on: Jul 31, 2011, 07:21 PM »
To reply to Cunardqueen----i absolutly agree with everything you say. I am also watching the auction and again have no intention of bidding. Like yourself, i would put a price of between £20--00p and £25--00p for it but i will be intersted to see what he does sell it for---(if he manages this time)

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #145 on: Jul 31, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Of course ideally we should all unwatch the item and see what happens LOL

bobso

bobso

bobso

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #150 on: Aug 04, 2011, 07:25 PM »
  This item seems VERY expensive for what it is---

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUEEN-VICTORIA-MAIDEN-SEASON-SILK-TIE-BRAND-NEW-CUNARD-/170672837950?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item27bce4d53e 

The tie appears to be the same design as the QE2 Farewell season tie. Cant remember how much it cost, But it seemed expensive, l only wore it twice onboard the farewell trips, and doubt l will wear it again....

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #151 on: Aug 04, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Interestingly l was on this Maiden Voyage of the NEW QE2 all those years ago in 1987 and never received this certificate for reasons unknown. It was only a few years ago when one cropped up on ebay that l realised l didnt have one...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QE2-Maiden-Voyage-Passenger-Certificate-1987-/150637997287?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item2312b96ce7

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #152 on: Aug 04, 2011, 07:36 PM »
And this Maiden Voyage cigarette tin has been doing the rounds for years on ebay, lm sure its not the same one, BUT its sold in the past for various prices between £8- £22 and once didnt sell and was relisted.
This present seller, is perhaps on the heavy side of pricing...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUNARD-LINE-RMS-QE2-MAIDEN-VOYAGE-CIGARETTE-TIN-1969-/230654478941?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item35b4140a5d

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #154 on: Aug 07, 2011, 04:09 PM »
Does any member have this item in their collection?---

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QE2-Transart-Brochure-Very-Rare-Limited-Made-1969-/380354745368?_trksid=e17000.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D6%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1892227914812716661&_qi=RTM756417   

Im sure they do, But this seller started at £500 and is working his way down, personally l wonder if he knows what hes selling given the lack of any other photos, and his seller name perhaps speaks volumes... :(

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #155 on: Aug 08, 2011, 11:57 PM »
Scroll down and he mentions this forum in the description...
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #156 on: Aug 09, 2011, 12:50 AM »
..and if anyone wants a chair, However its not just any chair. But one of these special iconic chairs...
Not forgetting the added cost of postage....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUNARD-LINE-RMS-QE2-RARE-QUEENS-ROOM-1969-LOUNGE-CHAIR-/230657359294?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item35b43ffdbe

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #157 on: Aug 09, 2011, 01:00 AM »
..and if anyone wants a chair, However its not just any chair. But one of these special iconic chairs...
Not forgetting the added cost of postage....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUNARD-LINE-RMS-QE2-RARE-QUEENS-ROOM-1969-LOUNGE-CHAIR-/230657359294?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item35b43ffdbe

Buy it.  Have a furniture company to create exact replicas.  Sell them at a nice wee profit.  Who's with me?  I'll take 2!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Bruce Nicholls

« Reply #158 on: Aug 09, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Difficult to stop my finger hovering over the bid button. Would be a bit expensive having to buy another house just to put it in though! (no room on Lone Gerd)

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #159 on: Aug 09, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Trouble is they are so comfortable its not easy to stay awake in them...

Queen Elizabeth Items for sale

Started by bobsoBoard RMS Queen Elizabeth (1940)

Replies: 2
Views: 3054
Last post Jun 09, 2012, 04:41 PM
by bobso
Summary of Main Items to make QE2 suitable for cruising

Started by Michael GallagherBoard QE2 Concept and Design

Replies: 2
Views: 1793
Last post Mar 18, 2011, 09:26 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2, Alcohol and Collectors' Items - Miniatures, bottle-openers, corkscrews etc!

Started by TwynkleBoard The QE2 herself

Replies: 5
Views: 1383
Last post Aug 12, 2017, 09:17 AM
by Malcolm
Final (Cunard) Voyage Commemorative Items to Crew

Started by skilly56Board Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 5
Views: 2767
Last post Nov 25, 2009, 11:51 PM
by Andy F
QE2 Models on Ebay