Author Topic: Bob's visit across the pond (late Aug, early Sep 2012)  (Read 5199 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: Bob's visit across the pond (late Aug, early Sep 2012)
« Reply #20 on: Aug 19, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Hello,

Will email you both later on to try to make some arrangements!

Cheers,

- Rob
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #21 on: Aug 19, 2012, 09:55 PM »
Have a great time! Wish I could be there to meet you too :) .

Looking forward to the stories and the pics.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #22 on: Aug 20, 2012, 08:45 AM »
Hi Bob

Safe journey to you both, and it might be wise to bring-a-brolly!
Just wondering whether there'd be a possibility of setting up a time, for example - on Sunday evening, when we could join up on the Live Chat here on the Forum? :)
Will you be bringing a laptop?
Your 'Live From...' Journal will make great reading! :)

All the very best Mr Reltco, and will be thinking of you.

Rosie
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #23 on: Aug 20, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Hello,

We've emailed some details to Bob to come up with the best plan for his visit.

Bob - I had mentioned Waverley to you - but she doesn't just do short trips, and I think it will not be possible this time to squeeze a trip in.  It was just in case you thought she did short trips throughout the day that we could have caught.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 06:58 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Bob C.

« Reply #24 on: Aug 21, 2012, 04:23 AM »
Rosie,
    We are traveling light and will only have our smart-phones with us.  I'll do my best to type with my thumb on the forum should I get a good wifi signal.  Otherwise it will need to wait until I get back to the states on 08 Sep.  I do hope to capture some of my impressions of the day regardless.

Rob,
    No worries about Waverly.  We're still putting the day together with all the great recommendations you sent.  Will get back to you hopefully by tomorrow.  Looking foresrd to the weekend and visiting QE2's birthplace.
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2012, 04:29 AM by Bob C. »

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #25 on: Aug 26, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Very much enjoyed meeting Bob and his wife Ellen today, joined by Tom and Lynda, for a visit to the Queens models in the transport museum in Glasgow, and a tour of the former shipyard in Clydebank and a trip up the Titan!

I think the site worked its magic on Bob, the silence (except for the odd bungee jumper!) making the historic events that happened there, resonate louder in our minds.

I hope Bob and Ellen enjoy the rest of their stay in Scotland.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #26 on: Aug 26, 2012, 08:40 PM »
Tom and I also enjoyed meeting up with Rob, Bob and Ellen this afternoon.  One of the nice things about the Forum has been having the opportunity to meet up with other members.

It was wonderful that Bob had the opportunity to see the birth place of QE2 on his trip to Scotland.  Best wishes to Bob and Ellen for an enjoyable vacation. 

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Alistair

« Reply #27 on: Aug 27, 2012, 06:20 AM »
Pleased to hear you all had a good and historic day out. Looks like the weather stayed dry for your Titan visit. Sorry I wasn't there to participate. Bungee jumping sounds like fun!  ;D