Author Topic: Re: QE Around Britain QE2 Story 2012 get togethers  (Read 4313 times)

Offline bswan

Re: QE Around Britain QE2 Story 2012 get togethers
« on: Apr 08, 2012, 11:38 AM »
Hi guys,

I have not been on for a while but recently got back from my 2nd cruise this year aboard the QE and had a wonderful time. I am flying from Australia to be back aboard her on the 27th july for around Britain so i am not sure if anybody will be around in any of the ports of call for a forum get together.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012, 11:01 AM by Lynda »

Offline tdickson

Re: Re: QE Around Britain QE2 Story 2012 get togethers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2012, 07:45 AM »
Hi Bswan, both my wife and I are also doing Around the British Isles ,departing Southampton 27th July ,we did the similiar voyage last September on board QM2 and had a wonderfull trip, the weather was very kind except our day in Greenock (Glasgow) so hopefully it should be ok in July but you cant trust our British summers, However look forward to meeting up with fellow forum members either on board or in port ,

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: Re: QE around Britain QE2 Story 2012 get togethers
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2012, 10:43 AM »
I think a separate topic for QE round Britain would be good. Maybe I can say hello to some of you in Greenock? :)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2012, 11:03 AM »
We have been thinking about booking on the QE Around Britain but are waiting until we go on the Norway Cruise in May before we make a decision.  But if we are not on the QE we could look at meeting up with you either in South Queensferry or Greenock. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline tdickson

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Just a quick note for anyone thinking of doing the above trip ,Cunard brochure price for this voyage is starting from £1399 for an inside with I personnally think is a bit steep for  eleven (11) nights. However Iglu cruise .com is currently advertising it for £999 so the prices are falling ,but I dont expect it will come down too much more .Hope to see you all aboard

Offline tdickson

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Just a quick note, I have been back on to Iglu.com, looking for a cruise to get away from this awfull British Summer we arehaving and notice the "Around Britain" voyage has been discounted again since my last post. It is now starting for an inside from £899.

Offline tdickson

« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Obviously this cruise isn"t generating too much interest with our German or American friends, as it is now being advertised from £ 799.
So any one who has not done an "Around the British Isles" cruise this is an ideal time
See you ONBOARD

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2012, 10:10 PM »
I must admit an around the UK is not a cruise l would book. However given that in QE2s farewell year the cruise l was booked on was changed into her Round UK voyage, it was a lovely cruise of 10 nights with interesting ports (except one) . It would make me think about doing such a cruise.

Given that the prices have dropped, what have Cunard done to any of the early bookers, have they been good enough to upgrade?
I always thought it would be lovely to sail into my home town of Kirkwall on a Cunarder..
Oh Bon Voyage to those that are sailing  ;D
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline tdickson

« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2012, 07:08 PM »
You normally get advised of any such "Upgrades" only a few weeks before sailing or even as late as you are checking in, this has happened to us on several occasions (A nice start to ones holiday)

Curious but have to ask "Interesting ports except one" Which one ??????

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2012, 10:46 PM »
  Curious but have to ask "Interesting ports except one" Which one       
South Queensferry..l got blasted the last time, so will say nothing more, but combined with a transport strike and the lack of any form of a send off from her last Scottish port..  ::)

Offline tdickson

« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2012, 12:35 PM »
I must sound like a Travel Agent trying to sell this trip (I"m not) It is now being advertised from as little as £699
do the sums, that is £63 pppn
Hope to organise get together both on board and ashore in Greenock, Last year we had a beer in a pub near the shopping precinct, cant remember the name of it but was definately an old bank as it has a very large safe in the corner. Maybe it is called the "Old Bank" 
Rob do you know where I am talking about ? Good or Bad for a meet ???

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2012, 06:04 PM »
If I wasn't going to the Olympics for the weekend I'd be on this cruise, it's cheaper to do the cruise!  ;)

Offline bswan

« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Well I am currently sailing up the east cost of England enroute to Edinburgh. Weather is mild and the seas are like a milk pond. I do hope the fine weather continues. We currently have just over 2030 passengers aboard. It's great to be back aboard.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #13 on: Jul 28, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Glad to see you are enjoying yourself. Do tell us if a get-together with other Forum members materialises.

Would it be an idea to let us know when you will be where?

Surprised to see the ship is full -- thought everyone was at the Olympics (even if just watching them on television)... !

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Im meeting up with a friend from the glory of the QE2 days in Invergordon, we shared the same table twice over the years.Not to mention a very good dance companion :o

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #15 on: Jul 30, 2012, 08:33 AM »
The Around Britain Cruise is my favourite and I am so sorry that we are not onboard this year.  Looks like you are continuing to get some good weather.   :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Queen Elizabeth at Invergordon earlier today.
Next stop Kirkwall, l gather if the berth is clear they might get alongside as opposed to anchoring.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2012, 09:10 PM »
From todays P&J..
And going by the amount of coaches l passed on the A9 they were all heading for Inverness..highest number l saw was Tour no 20
It was nice to see the locals out trying to get some of the tour business
Though quite what they think of the town of Invergordon its self is another story, the the usual Pipe Band send off is always a good chance for some of the bands to practice.

Kirkwall today seems to have proved a hit  ;D

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #18 on: Jul 31, 2012, 09:18 PM »
On her final visit the stops were pulled out for dear QE2, now that was a day to remember  ;)

But then it was QE2 after all..

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2012, 09:42 PM »
I hope bswan enjoyed being in Greenock and the sail away with PS Waverley.  ;D
www.qe2event.com

QE2 Story Newsletter July 2011

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 1568
Last post Jul 19, 2011, 09:30 PM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2 Story Newsletter January 2015

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 1468
Last post Jan 23, 2015, 10:39 AM