5 (7.8%)
QE2 Farewell Celebrations Memorabilia
1 (1.6%)
QE2 Chocolates Memorabilia
4 (6.3%)
QE2 Hat
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Poll for the July Photo Competition - QE2 Memorabilia CLOSED  (Read 7368 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Photo of the month competition - instructions on how to vote for your favourite photo

The theme of the July competition was "QE2 Memorabilia", a theme that lets members contribute photos showing their favourite pieces of memorabilia.

The prize for the lucky winner is a copy of the Southampton Daily Echo glossy souvenir supplement "QE2 A Celebration of 40 years Service" -  donated by Cunard.  See here for more details:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4480.0.html

Forum members can vote for their favorite photo(s).  Each member has 3 votes (but please do not vote for your own photo).  Voting is open to all members regardless of whether or not you submitted a photo. 

To make it easier for you we have posted the photos below.

But you can also view the photos submitted by members in the Gallery - where you will probably get a better view of the photos and where you can see them all at once, in thumbnail form. You can then click on the pictures shown, and click again, to see them in large size.

Click on the Gallery button from the forum or click on this link :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=66

Choose up to three photos you want to vote for, noting photo details, then tick the relevant boxes on the voting poll.

You will not see the results until the voting has closed on 31 August 2012 (closing time for your time zone is indicated at the bottom of the poll), after which the winner will be announced.

Good luck everyone who entered photos and thank you to everyone for voting!
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2013, 10:51 AM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

Daily Program, 5 August 1969

"Dear Cunarder:"

Farewell party without the QE2

I Heart QE2

QE2 Wedgewood

QE2 1968 jigsaw

QE2 Cutaway View

QE2 mug and some lunch

Medallion World Cruise 1977

Lion Pub Coaster, On Board ID Card and Cunard World Club Business Card

The QE2 Millenium Cruise Memorabilia Plate

Some wonderful memories!

Scotland, we make the best....

QE2 Little Treasures

QE2 Shop

QE2 Bears

Plate World Cruise 1993

Plate World Cruise 1996

The finest way to cross the Atlantic … cover

The finest way to cross the Atlantic … in 5 days - timetable and fares

It's a dogs life..

You get the idea....

QE2 Zippo Lighter

QE2 Menus

QE2 Scarf

QE2 Mug

Remains of QE2's slipway on the Clyde

Remembering QE2 - July 2010

QE2 Farewell Celebrations Memorabilia

QE2 Chocolates Memorabilia

QE2 Hat

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2012, 11:13 PM by Lynda »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

Poll is now open for you to vote for your favourite photo for the July competition - QE2 Memorabilia.   :)
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
SO difficult!!  Really surprisingly difficult!  Some great photos - well done everybody - some big efforts there, and some very clever arrangements!  I'd have liked to have voted for about 8 of them I think!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

My apologies to Cunarder Man. 

There was a problem with the photo link to his photo "QE2 Little Treasures" which resulted in the photo not being viewed from this topic board.  I have fixed this and hope that John gets lots of votes for his photo. 
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

At the moment we have five winning photos with the same number of votes - how interesting!  I wonder how this will change before the end of the month.   :)
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

We have only had 16 members voting so far.  Perhaps lots of members are on holiday but as we have just over a week before the poll closes hopefully we will get lots more votes for these fabulous photos.  >: ;D
www.qe2event.com

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

We still have 5 photos running neck-and-neck, from the 16 voters mentioned by Lynda.

The next few votes should help to determine the eventual winner! Could it be your vote that makes all the difference?