Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: 13 July 2012  (Read 2068 times)

Online Michael Gallagher

13 July 2012
« on: Jul 18, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Photos of the Cunard fleet departing on Friday 13 July 2012 - taken around the Brambles

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: Re: 13 July 2012
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Photos of the Cunard fleet departing on Friday 13 July 2012 - taken around the Brambles

You must have been very proud! Were you there?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Online cunardqueen

Re: 13 July 2012
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Superb photos showing the sisters in all their glory  :)

I hope this means that at last Cunard will do away with the cartoon images on the brochures and return to the proper photos... ;)
Thanks for sharing these.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Michael Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2012, 09:05 PM »
I was there and, whether you like these ships or not, it was impressive!

And don't hold your breath Myles - I've just seen the cover for the 2014 World Cruise brochue :(

Offline matdark

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2012, 06:09 PM »
A few photos shot from QM2 - in sunny-as-always Southampton

Offline Andy F

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:57 PM »
A historic occasion indeed and the first time that 3 Cunard Queens have sailed from Southampton in daylight I do believe (and in reasonably good weather it must be said).

Couldn't quite stretch to a helicopter unfortunately ;) but here's a few from the water and more can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/andyfitzsimmons/sets/72157630577608200/
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2012, 11:07 PM by Andy F »
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline Chris Frame

13 July 2012
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:44 AM »
Gorgeous photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Graham Taylor

13 July 2012
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Now I'm really wishing I had gone down to Soton.
Hotel Officer/Purser 1987-1993

FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/Graham.Malcolm.Taylor
TWITTER - www.twitter.com/GrahamTaylorUK

Offline tdickson

« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Great photos I must admit, strangely enough the last one in the set of all three sterns, I recently bought from photographer "Paul Costen" from Waterlooville Hants, I assume you were on the same small craft or whatever as it is exactly the same photo except the one I have, has a seagull just off QM2 starboard side.

Offline Andy F

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2013, 09:57 PM »
Great photos I must admit, strangely enough the last one in the set of all three sterns, I recently bought from photographer "Paul Costen" from Waterlooville Hants, I assume you were on the same small craft or whatever as it is exactly the same photo except the one I have, has a seagull just off QM2 starboard side.
Thanks and quite possibly as there were a few of us jostling for that final shot I do recall (though the bruises have long since faded thankfully lol)! By the time this was taken, I was some considerable distance behind and that and a fading light meant the lens I was using was really struggling, hence the grain.  I could see QM2 heading towards the gap that was forming between QV and QE ahead of her as they made their turn off Calshot and figured there might just be a chance to get the shot I was looking/hoping for.  What you can't see if just out of frame, a big Red Funnel ferry was heading up river and rapidly about to enter the shot stage right so with one eye on the shot and the other on the ferry, I had one chance to hit the shutter before the opportunity passed.  Not the best shot admittedly and I regretted not using my monster lens but hey, hindsight's a wonderful thing.   

Start every day with a smile and get it over with