Author Topic: First turnaround cruise from Liverpool  (Read 1642 times)

Offline shipnshore

First turnaround cruise from Liverpool
« on: May 25, 2012, 03:26 PM »
Hi everyone, this is a subject close to my heart. As I'm sure you are all aware ships are now being allowed to sail from and return to Liverpool. The first vessel will be the Ocean Countess and, whilst it is only a small ship who knows what will happen in the future! We are regular cruisers and after a transatlantic crossing on QM2 this summer, we will be boarding the Ocean Countess in Liverpool later on in the year. This does not mean we will not be sailing from Southampton again, on the contrary it just gives us more choice and can only do the same for people who live in the north. Maybe the folks down south may try it you never know!
 Also there may be an omen here the Ocean Countess was once the CUNARD COUNTESS, so the first ship out of Liverpool for many a year will be casting off right outside the Cunard Buidings front door! As I said earlier, you never know...
                                            Alan ;) 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:01 PM by shipnshore »
Alan

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: First turnaround cruise from Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Great news, Alan!

And Ocean Countess too -- just shows that CMV are on the ball. This is a ship very high up on my "must try" list. I had good experiences with Marco Polo, and believe the company provides a fine service.

So, very much looking forward to your report when you return -- and bon voyage when the time comes!

Offline shipnshore

Re: First turnaround cruise from Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Hi Isabelle, we are looking forward to Ocean Countess and will share our experience of her on the forum!
                                                                                                                               Alan :)
Alan

Letter From ... A QE2 Devotee (Ben Lyons on Cruise Critic)

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories

Replies: 5
Views: 1321
Last post Jun 07, 2017, 08:39 AM
by Michael Gallagher
Cruise Ship Webcams

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 1
Views: 153
Last post Jun 18, 2024, 11:33 PM
by Andy Holloway
QE2 Farewell World Cruise -- Jennie's Diary

Started by jennie231Board Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 8
Views: 4970
Last post Jan 29, 2017, 11:39 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Lusitania remembered -- Cunard pays tribute during commemorative cruise aboard QV

Started by Michael GallagherBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 8
Views: 3466
Last post May 26, 2015, 12:06 AM
by Chris
Queen Mary 2 Cruise 2020: Circumnavigating Australia

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 42
Views: 3803
Last post May 03, 2020, 10:15 AM
by Lynda Bradford