Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Presidents on board Cunard Queens  (Read 1601 times)

Offline tdickson

Presidents on board Cunard Queens
« on: Apr 28, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Both Queen Mary 2 & Queen Elizabeth arrived back in Southampton yesterday from there World Voyages. after both had left Lisbon Portugal earlier in the week Lizzie was there on Tuesday,whilst QM2 was in Lisbon on the Wednesday.
I was on board QM2 yesterday afternoon and whilst on board she received a famous V.I.P whom was returning back to the US, no other than Ex President Mr George Bush looking rather frail I might add
Does anyone know if any of the Queens old and new have ever had any President"s on board before ??? 
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012, 03:40 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: Presidents on board Cunard Queens?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Does anyone know if any of the Queens old and new have ever had any President"s on board before ???

I suppose the most celebrated one must have been Nelson Mandela on board QE2 :

Nelson Mandela by prondis_in_kenya, on Flickr

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2012, 12:24 AM »
Didn't President Dwight D. Eisenhower also travel on Cunard's ships as well as all sorts of VIPs, including members of various Royal families?
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Stowaway2k

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2012, 05:26 AM »
I think Jimmy Carter was on QE2, and I know JFK crossed on Queen Mary as young man.

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2012, 03:07 PM »
I can confirm that one of my Facebook friends ran into Barbara Bush in the elevator!  For those onboard, it will be a very special crossing!

Ken
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Online cunardqueen

Re: Presidents on board Cunard Queens
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:58 AM »
I think Jimmy Carter was on QE2,   
In Dr Nigel Roberts book C-Six he tells the story of an American politician, a private cocktail party and the exploding toilets :o...I cant help but think its that person named above..
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline tdickson

Re: Presidents on board Cunard Queens
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 03:20 PM »
An interesting post by Peter Shanks on WE ARE CUNARD this week regarding President Bush and his families crossing on board QM2 , together with some nice photos taken in the Commodore Club

http://wearecunard.com/2012/05/thank-you-mr-president/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:24 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »