Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth 2 Cruise Rating Questionaire  (Read 1212 times)

Offline cunardqueen

Queen Elizabeth 2 Cruise Rating Questionaire
« on: Mar 10, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Ok... who dared give less than the 9... ;)

In 1986 l remember being told the scores were fed manually into a computer.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Re: Queen Elizabeth 2 Cruise Rating Questionaire
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Yes, in that era it would probably have been done by manual punch cards being fed into the computer; I remember using such machines ( not with Cunard, though! ) in the late 1980s.  That the questionnaire includes the letter X supports this... manual punch cards had 12 digits, the usual 10 numbers starting from zero plus V and X as the two extras ( that is because computers have 12 fingers, so to speak ).
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:34 AM »
The questionnaire always came towards the end of the cruise -- for good reasons, of course.

It was a good way of realising all the things that one might have done, but did not do, as there were quite a few categories for which I could never give any opinion.

What amused me was the the priest was included under the "entertainment" section!

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:59 PM »
What amused me was the the priest was included under the "entertainment" section!   

On one of QE2s party cruises, l encountered the Priest...the story is still shared with like minded friends, its probably only best & safest shared in such company and not online.... But given that Priest and that cruise then yes perhaps "entertainment" might be the best section...
The Sun did an expose on him shortly afterwards >:(
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!