Author Topic: Genealogy - Records of Military and conflict  (Read 1311 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Genealogy - Records of Military and conflict
« on: Feb 24, 2012, 09:31 AM »
For anyone interested in Genealogy I see that the "Find my Past" web site now has records of Merchant Navy Seaman online.  This is a commercial site and although you can do an initial search to see the list of what is available you need to subscribe to see the detailed records.  I have used this site in the past when researching family information so I was interested to find they have added these records.

Merchant Navy Seamen 1835-1857: records of individual seamen that the central government created to monitor a potential reserve of sailors for the Royal Navy
Merchant Navy Seamen 1918-1941: records of index cards that the Registrar General of Shipping and Seaman used between the two world wars to produce a centralised index to merchant seamen serving on British merchant navy vessels

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-records-in-military-armed-forces-and-conflict
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:17 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:18 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Genealogy - Records of Military and conflict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2018, 11:08 PM »
This is indeed a great resource. Thanks for sharing the information !  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:18 PM by Lynda Bradford »
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !