Author Topic: QE2: A Photographic Journey, by Chris Frame & Rachelle Cross  (Read 8409 times)

Offline Chris Frame

I would strongly recommend QE2: A Photographic Journey ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017, 03:09 AM by Chris »

Offline Andy F

Re: QE2: A Photographic Journey, by Chris Frame
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2009, 08:13 PM »
Any opportunity for a quick plug there Chris lol but actually, I for one do certainly recommend this fine book and if you don't already own a copy then I certainly suggest you should!

(Chris, we'll negotiate the commission afterwards lol!)
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009, 10:28 AM »
First of all. Chris, is there a place in either NZ or Australia where I can buy your book 'a photographic journey' I ask because the freight from England is usually 10 pounds or so, which is 30 NZ$. That's a start towards your new QE2 book (and I want others, but have to save)

Hello.

Try Whitcoulls in your local area - if they don't have a record of it, let me know and we can try and organise for the store to get one in for you - but you'll need to let me know which store you're after :)

Otherwise Borders also may have a copy?

Thanks for the support!

Chris.

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:48 AM »
Dear Chris, I have discovered Fishpond in Australia, they say they are out of stock at the moment. O please ginger them up, my jam-jar is nearly full and the goldies itch to be spent on your book.

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2009, 02:24 AM »
Hello Mauretania1907,

Other places it is available is

Booktopia (have it on special) http://www.booktopia.com.au/qe2/prod9780752448039.html
Dymocks http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDetails/ProductDetail.aspx?R=9780752448039
Fishpond NZ (seem to have it in stock) http://www.fishpond.co.nz/advanced_search_result.php?rid=1119364419&cat=all&keywords=QE2+A+Photographic+Journey&type=Search
Abe Books Aus / NZ http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1269263108&searchurl=an%3DRachelle%2Bcross%26sts%3Dt%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

Otherwise I think at Amazon UK, even with the Postage and Handling it still comes to about NZ$71 - you can do the conversion at www.travelex.co.nz - so it may be easier just to purchase from Amazon?

Online Twynkle

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2009, 08:19 AM »

Yes Chris!
What a good idea! I have the details of the Curator etc.

We did find your book in Waterstones in the West Quay shopping Centre. 

It was on display in 2 places, along with the Cunard 'big blue one'. Not sure whether you will be pleased or sorry to know that the dust cover was a little frayed at the edges!!!  Maybe your publishers need to ring them and ask them to display one in better condition - or I could?!!

Is your book being sold in the Liverpool Maritime Museum? It's very close to the Cunard building and Tate Gallery; I seem to remember the shop is well geared to maritime and enthusiasts.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2009, 08:25 AM by Twynkle »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Andy F

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2009, 01:36 PM »
Andy that was such a sad morning wasn't it?  I'd needed to get back home the evening before; I bet it felt bleak in SOTON. By the way - are you going to write a book about QE2?!  Your Farewell Blog enlarged perhaps - with lots about that Final Day? Yes Please!

Ah, thanks for your kind words Rosie and at least I could count on 1 customer (2 if you include my Mother)!  Seriously though, I couldn't possibly compete with our very own literary master but agree, Chris' wonderful book (soon to be books), certainly deserve wider recognition.  If time permits, I'll try and pop into the Maritime Museum when I'm down in Southampton next and ask if they have a copy... 

The following morning (or should that be mourning), certainly had a strange feel about it.  I had watched her depart her home port hundreds of times over the years but always in the knowledge she would return.  This time was different; this time she would not be returning and while I stood on Town Quay looking across at the empty berth, realisation dawned that somehow, life would never be quite the same again. 

Hmm, think you might be on to something there Rosie as that could be the beginnings of my 2nd Chapter lol! Furthermore, being a little frayed around the edges myself, I'd feel quite at home in Waterstones. ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2009, 01:48 PM by Andy F »

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2009, 04:05 PM »
You're both extremely kind - and Andy, you can count on a sale from me if you ever do write a book!

I'm not sure if it's at the Liverpool Maritime Musuem - I'll be sure to suggest that to my publisher too. Being so far from Britain it's difficult to keep track of where it is being sold - but thank you both for keeping an eye out for me!  :D

Offline Andy F

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 09:52 PM »
I definitely need to get a copy of Chris' book and increase my QE2 library so I can reference things like tradition, pride and honor in justifying my use of terms whose meanings have been corrupted.  Forgetting our past dooms our future...
Indeed you should Bob and I can wholeheartedly recommend it

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Chris, as the author here on board with us in the Forum, would you like to write up a brief description of this book, so that any readers who do not yet own it, can know what this is all about and why they should be persuaded to buy it?

Thank you for helping us to build up this books section!

Online Twynkle

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:16 PM »
Chris, as the author here on board with us in the Forum, would you like to write up a brief description of this book, so that any readers who do not yet own it, can know what this is all about and why they should be persuaded to buy it?

Thank you for helping us to build up this books section!

Please forgive me for barging in!
Isabelle - there are some good reviews here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/QE2-Photographic-Journey-Chris-Frame/dp/075244803X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326809672&sr=1-1
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Chris Frame

QE2: A Photographic Journey, by Chris Frame
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2012, 02:35 AM »
I just wanted to share with you all that Rachelle as I have been asked to edit our QE2 Journey book for re-release as a soft-cover edition in 2013.

All of the original and second print hard cover books from 2008 have sold out!

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2012, 07:31 AM »
Excellent news, Chris and Rachelle! Well done.

And somehow, this is good news for QE2 too. I hope the QE2 books will be the bestsellers in your series :) .

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:13 AM »
Good to hear that the book will be reprinted and thank-you for helping to keep QE2 in the news with the success of your books. 

I have enjoyed reading my copy of the book, which is a little treasure. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #14 on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Great news Chris, keeping the legend alive!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #15 on: Oct 28, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Thanks :) I hope the soft cover (at a lower RRP) will make it into more bookshops and help keep QE2 alive!

Online Bob C.

« Reply #16 on: Oct 28, 2012, 02:03 PM »
Awesome news Chris.  You are certainly doing your part to keep the legend alive which is especially important during these turbulent economic times!

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2012, 03:10 AM »

Yes.. congratulations to 2 of my favourite photographers and authors.... your Photographic journey's, QE2 and QM2 still have pride of place on my coffeetable.

QE2 Canuck     Linda C

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2012, 12:59 AM »
Thank you :)

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2013, 01:19 PM »
Here's a snapshot of the new soft cover :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Andy F

« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Yay, looking good Chris

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Thanks Andy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tdickson

« Reply #22 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:52 AM »
For anyone who has not yet got a copy of this or any other of "Chris Frame" publications. I have just got QM2 & New QE "A photographic Journey" Hardback covers @ 50% off from "History Press"
Well done Chris & Rachelle

PS: Qe 2 story is also on offer @ Amazon from as little as just over £ 4.00

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2013, 11:41 AM »
For anyone who has not yet got a copy of this or any other of "Chris Frame" publications. I have just got QM2 & New QE "A photographic Journey" Hardback covers @ 50% off from "History Press"
Well done Chris & Rachelle

PS: Qe 2 story is also on offer @ Amazon from as little as just over £ 4.00

Thanks!! Hope you like them :)

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #24 on: Jul 14, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Just to keep you all informed. The new soft cover book has been released. In it there are some factual updates, a new section written by Commodore Rynd about his time aboard, a few picture edits etc.

It's also got a new cover :)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Just to keep you all informed. The new soft cover book has been released. In it there are some factual updates, a new section written by Commodore Rynd about his time aboard, a few picture edits etc.

It's also got a new cover :)

Maritime Matters have reviewed Chris & Rachelle's book today. 

http://maritimematters.com/2014/03/book-review-qe2-a-photographic-journey/

Keep up the good work guys, Keeping the Legend Alive!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #26 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:45 PM »

Yes, it is indeed a very good review.  And, yes, congratulations to Chris and Rachelle for keeping alive QE2's awesome legacy.  It is a tremendous book !

QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Brandon Sterkel

« Reply #27 on: Apr 05, 2015, 04:31 PM »
This book is currently the best book that I have in my QE2 collection (it's still growing)! There is so much detail about all of the public rooms it literally feels like your there! I highly recommend this to any QE2 fanatic! Chris and Rachelle, keep up the great work!  :)
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #28 on: Apr 06, 2015, 12:29 AM »
Thank you for the kind words. We were very excited when The History Press commissioned the new soft cover book as it showed an ongoing appetite for information about QE2.

The ship still has a great reputation.

The biggest problem her reputation has is: 1) people think she's a floating  hotel in Dubai and 2) people think they have sailed aboard her but we're actually on QE or QM2.

So long as those two issues are overcome there will still be tremendous support to save her.

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #29 on: Jul 26, 2017, 03:13 AM »

Thanks Rob!!

Hello from Chris!

Started by Chris FrameBoard Passengers & Enthusiasts Introductions

Replies: 8
Views: 2778
Last post Feb 09, 2014, 04:03 AM
by MiamiCunarder
Chris Woolley, QE2 Junior First Hotel Officer 1969 - ?

Started by WoolstonBoard QE2 Officers & Crew & Workers Introductions

Replies: 10
Views: 3960
Last post Jul 23, 2011, 03:06 PM
by Rod
Michael Gallagher : Cunard PR boss's journey from council house to the high seas

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Cunard

Replies: 8
Views: 2772
Last post Aug 01, 2015, 03:24 AM
by skilly56
Chris' QE2 videos -- 1995 and 1996

Started by Chris FrameBoard The 1990s

Replies: 11
Views: 3473
Last post Jan 22, 2013, 07:40 AM
by Chris Frame
Welcome, Chris Shaftoe (1972-74)

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard QE2 Officers & Crew & Workers Introductions

Replies: 4
Views: 860
Last post May 24, 2016, 10:46 AM
by Lynda Bradford