Author Topic: QE2 Forever - A Pictorial Tribute and a Perpetual Diary, by Marc-Antoine Bombail (2007)  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Twynkle

Last time onboard we bought a copy of 'QE2 Forever - A Pictorial Tribute and a Perpetual Diary',  (as well as other books). It's by Marc-Antoine Bombail 2007,  a Swiss author who is also our Forum member QE2Forever.

This wouldn't usually be a type of book that I'd buy - however, it's a really lovely record to have - I think of it as her very own Birthday Book!

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012, 03:41 PM by Lynda »

Offline Andy F

Last time onboard we bought a copy of 'QE2 Forever - A Pictorial Tribute and a Perpetual Diary',  (as well as other books). It's by Marc-Antoine Bombail 2007 - www.mabcreations.ch - a Swiss website.
This wouldn't usually be a type of book that I'd buy - however, it's a really lovely record to have - I think of it as her very own Birthday Book!

I bought one of those also Rosie
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline Twynkle

It seemed  (the book) - bit sort of OTT souvenir-y at the time - now I wouldn't part with it for all the world!
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2012, 10:03 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Chris

Last time onboard we bought a copy of 'QE2 Forever - A Pictorial Tribute and a Perpetual Diary',  (as well as other books). It's by Marc-Antoine Bombail 2007 - www.mabcreations.ch - a Swiss website.

I have this one, as well as the predecessor "A Tribute to QE2 and the North Atlantic Ocean" - both are beautiful.
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline Twynkle

Just noticed Olive - our really lovely stewardess, on page 35 of the 'QE2 Forever'
opposite todays date!
I wonder how she and her family are.

(Book mentioned earlier on this topic)

Offline Bob C.

Just noticed Olive - our really lovely stewardess, on page 35 of the 'QE2 Forever'

Steward and Stewardess.  Terms of honor, pride and professionalism that have been largely corrupted by political correctness in today's society.  I see these terms as a sign of respect for the folks who are have the vast responsibility of ensuring the comfort, enjoyment and safety of the passenger. 

I definitely need to get a copy of Chris' book and increase my QE2 library so I can reference things like tradition, pride and honor in justifying my use of terms whose meanings have been corrupted.  Forgetting our past dooms our future.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest but I do want to get the book...

Offline Waverley

Re: Books about the QE2
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2009, 11:33 AM »
This is nice. Does anyone know if they are still available.

http://www.mab-creations.ch/QE2forever/
Robert

Offline Twynkle

Re: Books about the QE2
« Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2009, 06:16 PM »

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

I have just "read" this book again, bought on board QE2 (not sure which year). I decided to enjoy one month at a time, and it is quite extraordinary how much lovely material Marc-Antoine managed to bring in and reproduce beautifully. There are of course photos from his professional camera, but also all kinds of cards, stickers and signs, the little things that can make hearts beat nostalgically.

In addition, each month has a number of key dates in the QE2 timeline. It is a book to browse and enjoy, 87 pages of delights.

I also have another book of his, "A tribute to QE2 and the North Atlantic Ocean", with Gary Buchanan, Jean-Michel Cousteau, John Duffy, Steven L Hare and Hugo Verlomme. Equally visually attractive, and with more text.

If you are lucky enough to possess these, enjoy them!

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
We also bought this wonderful book onboard QE2 - It would be good to re-read it again someday soon!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Offline Barumfox

They are both excellent books particularly the Tribute to North Atlantic Ocean one.

The perpetual diary includes photographs of a harpist, Chiara, I knew which she was excited about as well as a friend of hers serving on the Golden Lion bar.

Queen Mary 2 - A Tribute.

Started by shipnshoreBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 2
Views: 930
Last post May 09, 2021, 09:14 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2 on the Clyde 1994, 2007 & 2008

Started by Clydebuilt1971Board Service Life (1969 - 2008)

Replies: 15
Views: 13738
Last post Nov 10, 2014, 05:57 PM
by June Ingram
Near miss with the Pride of Kent (15 December 2007)

Started by pete cainBoard The 2000s

Replies: 9
Views: 4525
Last post Dec 15, 2021, 09:13 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2: The Last Great Liner, BBC, 23-Sep-2007, Bruce Peter & Ian Johnston

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Books, Videos and DVDs about QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 2434
Last post Jan 03, 2013, 08:14 PM
by Jeff Taylor
Paul J Yeoman: Chief Engineer 2007 to 2008 (Diesel Electric)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Chief Engineers

Replies: 0
Views: 1386
Last post Jan 09, 2018, 10:48 AM
by Lynda Bradford