Author Topic: QE2Story mugs?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Twynkle

QE2Story mugs?
« on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:54 PM »
These look to be lovely mugs, based on an old Cunard poster.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QE2-Queen-Elizabeth-2-Ocean-Liner-Art-Deco-MUG-/290589194117?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item43a8773785#ht_1002wt_820

Looks as if they might make and sell mugs with lots of different designs...
Wonder what a QE2 Story Forum mug would look like!?  :) and  ::) and  :o and  :D
Could it be quite a clever sort of 'Info-Mug' - with'QE2' (as in original monogramme), OR 'I heart QE2' round the top,
Then QE2 as she looks at the top Right hand side of the Forum index page... as the main picture, sort of round the mug itself...?

(Idle thoughts, after long day!)
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2012, 12:38 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

QE2 has been waiting alongside in Dubai for very nearly  whole years... she seriously needs to be earning her keep....

Offline Barrie Evans

QE2Story mugs?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:04 AM »
Rob - the image didn't come up on the ebay description page - if you go to the seller's shop page and put QE2 into the search window, it can be found there

Looks as if they might make and sell mugs with lots of different designs...
Wonder what a QE2 Story Forum mug would look like!?  :) and  ::) and  :o and  :D
Could it be quite a clever sort of 'Info-Mug' - with'QE2' (as in original monogramme), OR 'I heart QE2' round the top,
Then QE2 as she looks at the top Right hand side of the Forum index page... as the main picture, sort of round the mug itself...?

(Idle thoughts, after long day!)

Rosie , That would be great for us to have our own designed Q E 2 story forum mug. The mind boggles dosnt it. We could have , Hats ,T shirts, key fobs, pens. On the other hand i think perhaps we should just stay with our Q E 2 Story badges  ;D But i would like to have a Q E 2 story forum Mug. Has  any one got any thoughts about this ?
Barrie

Offline Twynkle

QE2Story mugs?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Hi Barrie

Thanks for this.

However - Thoughts of a QE2 Story Mug - these  were really only meant as 'idle thoughts'!
Speaking from a personal angle - in almost every other way, I don't very much like the thought of anything else other than the badges or calendars as ways of making memories of QE2 into concrete artifacts - the very word 'souvenir' sends shivers...etc!
('Tea-towels' excepted, perhaps!)
QE2's Ugly Blue Mug was special - in that all other things on board were just so elegant!
It was this, together with Rob's well found nice mug (above) that got me thinking about the possibility about another way of making a few pennies that could help just a bit with the running of the Forum!
I wouldn't blame anyone at all, if they don't join in!
Rosie
QE2 has been waiting alongside in Dubai for very nearly  whole years... she seriously needs to be earning her keep....

Offline Barrie Evans

QE2Story mugs?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012, 12:07 PM »
Hi Barrie

Thanks for this.

However - Thoughts of a QE2 Story Mug - these  were really only meant as 'idle thoughts'!
Speaking from a personal angle - in almost every other way, I don't very much like the thought of anything else other than the badges or calendars as ways of making memories of QE2 into concrete artifacts - the very word 'souvenir' sends shivers...etc!
('Tea-towels' excepted, perhaps!)
QE2's Ugly Blue Mug was special - in that all other things on board were just so elegant!
It was this, together with Rob's well found nice mug (above) that got me thinking about the possibility about another way of making a few pennies that could help just a bit with the running of the Forum!
I wouldn't blame anyone at all, if they don't join in!
Rosie
Yes Rosie. I make you right about having to many "souvenires" As i said before our Q E 2 story badges are fine . It will be interesting to see what other forum members think your "idle thoughts" about a Q E 2 story mug that could possibly make a few extra pennies for the forum.  If this did get off the ground , may i suggest that the mug could be of bone china. Any thoughts?  "More tea vicar" ;D
Barrie

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: QE2Story mugs?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2012, 12:40 PM »
Well, as there seems to be interest in a QE2Story mug, I have moved this correspondence here for us to discuss.

Let us see where this will lead us.

Opinions, ideas, suggestions welcome!

bobso

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:04 AM »
Hi Isabelle, Have just bought a mug with both the QE2 and the QM2 on it. I have posted a picture of it on the "QE2 items on E-Bay" page for you to look at,
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,462.msg43287/topicseen.html#msg43287
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2012, 04:21 PM by Lynda »

Offline Brandon Sterkel

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2015, 06:57 AM »
I will buy anything with the QE2 Story logo on it! A mug sounds like a great idea! ;D 
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

QE2Story Jigsaw "Liverpool Calling" by Alan Kirby, presented by June Ingram

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard The QE2 Story Jigsaws

Replies: 231
Views: 5269
Last post Feb 15, 2017, 08:54 PM
by pete cain
Mini croisière du QE2Story Forum le 14 au 16 octobre 2011 sur le QM2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Les fans francophones parlent du QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 1714
Last post Nov 23, 2010, 06:24 AM