Author Topic: 2013 Archive - QE2 Photo Competition Results (2013 Calendar)  (Read 25563 times)

Offline frazscot

Re: And the Winners are .......
« Reply #60 on: Sep 06, 2012, 11:29 AM »
Congratulations to all the winners"..........it was a hard call and what memories all the entries bring back. Thanks for that .

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #61 on: Sep 06, 2012, 12:35 PM »
Congratulations to Myles!

It is only now that I realise on looking at all the pics again that ALL the runners-up have the same "I Heart QE2" design on them -- and I believe it was designed by Myles!!

Quadruple congratulations to you then, Myles -- excellent work :) .

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #62 on: Sep 06, 2012, 07:11 PM »
It is only now that I realise on looking at all the pics again that ALL the runners-up have the same "I Heart QE2" design on them -- and I believe it was designed by Myles!!

Thanks Isabella . If only l could claim that credit for designing the logo, but l cant ,However  I frst saw it onboard away back in 1991 and as they say bought the t shirt and sweatshirt .

Then fast forward a few years and l thought about getting badges printed, sent of a scan from my sweatshirt and they then tweaked it slightly and came up with this present logo, which then went onto form the basis for a few things l had printed and made up for my last years cruising on QE2. Some of the things proved a hit onboard. the little teddies l had  a few extra made up as it made them cheaper.They ended up being given out on the farewell cruise on some of the cabin cavalcades to a few people, on the basis, "never to be sold or given away for they are filled with love inside"  ::) one poor lady, and l still to this day have no idea who she is or where she is from, l gave her one and spluttered out the little phrase, well l have no idea what happened but she burst out crying and that in turn with what little reselove l had left set me off, Looking back l can laugh at it, but lm my tiny MI cabin what a sight we must have looked.

But then emotions were a bit fragile on those last trips and the funniest things would set you off, the yacht club one night had  a most peculiar effect on me, but thats another story.

The badges then went onto be made for this forum and ended up all over the world, the badge company then went bust, shortly after making Robs golden ones.

But then Iv always said that dear old QE2 has been very very good to me over the years and its only right that somehow in some little way that l can return the kindness.

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #63 on: Oct 01, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Forty-one members have voted for the 25 photos in the August Photo Competition theme "QE2 your favourite place onboard" and their chosen winner is Hamburger's photo "Look back and feel the power and the speed" with 14 votes (12.3%) Congratulations to Hamburger.

see voting results here:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4575.0.html

Look back and feel the power and the speed

The Runner up with 12 votes (10.5%) was Harev's "The Beautiful Queen's Room", which is another lovely QE2 photo. 

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Saga Ruby - World Cruise 2013

Started by TwynkleBoard Saga Ruby

Replies: 30
Views: 10761
Last post Mar 04, 2013, 05:35 PM
by tdickson
QUEEN ELIZABETH MAY 15th to MAY 19th 2013

Started by lahrdecoBoard Past Events

Replies: 0
Views: 2080
Last post Jan 21, 2013, 08:43 PM