Author Topic: 2012 Archive - QE2 Story 2012 Calendar Update and Preview  (Read 12197 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

I am pleased to announce that the QE2 Story Calendar is at the final stages of planning and the print run will go ahead the week beginning 10 October as planned.  

I picked up a printed copy of the Calendar on Friday so that I could see the finished product and check for any last minute changes.  There are still a couple of minor changes to be made but once these are done tomorrow the Calendar will be ready to be printed.  

Rob has added a preview of the Calendar pages to the QE2 Story shop page so that everyone can see the finished result.  Have a look!

https://www.theqe2story.com/QE2Shop/QE2Story2012Calendar.html

My planned timescale was to start sending out the Calendars the week beginning 24 October but I am hoping that if the print run goes to plan I can start on the posting and packaging sooner.

Thank-you to everyone who has contributed to the Calendar.  :)  It is fantastic to have a Forum product that celebrates the life of the QE2 through the photos that members have taken of her over the years.  

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 Story 2012 Calendar Update and Preview
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2011, 04:01 PM »
  Thank-you to everyone who has contributed to the Calendar

Lynda, It is US that owe you a debt of thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this project. ;D
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Alistair

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Totally agree with Myles comments Lynda. We are all indebted to you for masterminding this project. Well done  ;D

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Totally agree with Myles comments Lynda. We are all indebted to you for masterminding this project. Well done  ;D

Completely agree!!  And from my point of view, it would not have happened at all without Lynda, let alone be so fantastic!!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

bobso

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Lynda, What a FANTASTIC job you have made with your selection of pictures for the calender. I have my favorites as do all of us--but you deserve a real pat on the back for actually making this dream a reality. As Rob so rightly says--without you--this would probably never have happened.
Thank you Lynda for all your hard work. You are a REAL TREASURE. :)

Offline PJtheMuppet

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Hi Rob, hope you are OK. Do you know when the calendars will start to be mailed out yet? Thank you!
Keep the Faith!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:57 AM »
The print run for the Calendars, scheduled for this week, is currently taking place.  I hope to have the Calendars delivered to my home address by Friday or Monday.

I can then start the process of packaging 90 Calendars ready to be posted next week (week beginning 17 October).  If everything goes according to plan this will be a week ahead of schedule for posting which had originally been planned for week beginning 24 October.   

Thank-you to everyone for your patience.  I am sure the wait for the Calendar will be worthwhile!  :)

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Lynda - Thanks so much.
Your hard work has been heroic
and hope that you have planned a well earned bit of R and R.
90 calenders - that's a very big delivery; if it was no distance from here,
i'd be hoping to come and help
Rgds to you and T,
and shall I give QM2 your best too?! :)
Rosie
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2011, 06:31 PM »
The Calendars have been delivered and I will get prepared over the week-end so that I can post them next week. 

I felt like Christmas had arrived early this morning when the boxes were delivered.   ;D  The only thing is that instead of unwrapping parcels I need to start packing parcels. 

Here are a couple of photos:
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2011, 06:39 PM »
Great to see you beaming with joy,after all the hard work you have put into this project. The end product looks simply wonderful, and for all the QE2 fans out there, it looks like we need never be without a QE2 calendar EVER..
 Have fun with making them up. It was l must admit very interesting with the badges to see them being scattered all over the world...

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Fantastic Lynda!

I know from the similarly mammoth exercise of doing the DVD, that when it finally arrives you can breath a sigh of relief!!

Enjoy your weekend off!!!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

bobso

« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2011, 08:44 PM »
We all owe you a great big "Thank-you" for all your time and effort you have put in on our behalf Lynda. looking forward immensly to receiving my calender in due course. That is a very good picture of yourself as well--think i will save it in my QE2 album.

Offline PJtheMuppet

« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2011, 11:08 PM »
Great news, Lynda; thanks very much! Don't overdo it !
Keep the Faith!

Offline luzparis

« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2011, 10:00 PM »
Fantastic and congratulation for your calendar work  :)

Offline Andy F

« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2011, 12:46 AM »
With thanks to our very own Calendar Girl  ;)
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2011, 03:04 PM »
With thanks to our very own Calendar Girl  ;)

Thank-you for your kind comments.  

Your very own Calendar girl has been busy this week packaging Calendars.   :)

We ordered 110 Calendars.  Ninety have been sold and there are another 11 pre-orders still to be paid for which I will hold for a couple of weeks.  If you have pre-ordered and still want to purchase a Calendar you can pay for your order through the QE2 Story Shop page.  However if you have changed your mind and no longer want to purchase please let me know, as I cannot hold these indefinitely.  

We currently have 9 Calendars remaining for sale through the QE2 Story shop.

https://www.theqe2story.com/QE2Shop/QE2Story2012Calendar.html

I have posted 50 Calendars this week and the remainder will be posted on Monday.  I thought it was significant that the Post Office teller who was originally from Southampton had been onboard QE2 in 1968 and was interested in what I told her about our Forum and the Calendar project.  It is a small world and it is amazing how the QE2 has brought people from all over the country and the world together!

I thought you would like to know where the Calendars are going to ?

Australia – 8
New Zealand – 1
Canada – 2
Rest of Europe – 14
UK – 56
USA – 7
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2011, 03:09 PM by Lynda »
www.qe2event.com

Offline PJtheMuppet

« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Excellent, can't wait to see mine. Many thanks again for all your hard work.
Keep the Faith!

bobso

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Looking forward to receiving mine Lynda--and once again many many thanks for all your hard work on our behalf.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2011, 12:39 PM »
I have just returned from the Post Office to post a further 31 Calendars. 

Looking forward to hearing your feedback when the Calendars are delivered. 
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Hey Lynda

Your calendars have arrived safely, well packed and perfectly wrapped.

Everything about them is absolutely fantastic - they are superb!
It's evident from all the details that you have worked incredibly hard - they just couldn't be better.

Thank-you to You, the Photographers,
all Mods, and anyone else who was involved in the planning and making.
We are grateful to you.

One of the calendars will soon be on its way to someone who worked on board QE2 for very many years
and now working on QM2.
There's no doubt it will be much admired there too!

Rosie
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

P&O 7-ship event in Southampton, 3 July 2012

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 14
Views: 4955
Last post Jul 12, 2012, 10:26 PM
by Peter Mugridge
Newsletter September 2012: 45th Anniversary of QE2 Launch

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 1584
Last post Sep 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
by Lynda Bradford
New Years Eve on Queen Mary 2011-2012

Started by cunardqueenBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 20
Views: 8297
Last post Feb 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
by cunardqueen
PS Waverley timetable 2012

Started by No 736Board PS Waverley

Replies: 3
Views: 3207
Last post Sep 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
by Bruce Nicholls
13 July 2012

Started by Michael GallagherBoard Cunard