Author Topic: Linn Hi-Fi  (Read 2020 times)

Offline CAP

Linn Hi-Fi
« on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:46 PM »
I was going through some QE2 material and came across several references to "Linn HiFi". Apparently in the mid-late nineties this company (it does still exist I checked it on Google), provided the audio-visual technology. But there was more, according to one of the ship notices Linn Hi-Fi had a demonstration shop situated on the upper deck by stairway E.  Having looked at the company site it is very much up-market and high quality bespoke equipment, with the obvious price banding. I was therefore tickled with the programme strapline of "shipboard prices"

Online Michael Gallagher

Re: Linn Hi-Fi
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2013, 06:21 PM »
Linn Hi-Fi was put on in the 1994 refit. They put the speakers into the Yacht Club etc for either no cost or a heavily discounted one on the basis they could also sell their equipment on board.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2013, 07:27 PM »
For any Hi-Fi "buff", Linn are right up there with the best in the world.

I nearly got a job with them once and I know someone who worked for them, and he described it as a dream.  Nothing but the best for QE2!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2014, 04:22 PM »
For any Hi-Fi "buff", Linn are right up there with the best in the world.

I nearly got a job with them once and I know someone who worked for them, and he described it as a dream.  Nothing but the best for QE2!

Yes Rob, they sure are. You see, pretty much everything on the QE2 was high end!
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2014, 06:57 PM »
I recall there being music sessions played on Linn hifi equipment in the Yacht Club being advertised in the daily programme - usually late afternoon, probably in the 90s. Must dig out some daily programmes.

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2014, 06:58 PM »
I recall there being music sessions played on Linn hifi equipment in the Yacht Club being advertised in the daily programme - usually late afternoon, probably in the 90s. Must dig out some daily programmes.

Yes please! They would be great to see.
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"