Author Topic: BBC Radio Scotland Interview - 44th Anniversary of Launch  (Read 1682 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
In honour of the 44th anniversary of QE2's launch, I was interviewed by the John Beattie show on BBC Radio Scotland, and it was broadcast today at around 12:45.  This means it should be about 45 minutes into the following recording of the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014r38f

(I'll double-check this this evening after I've been able to hear it myself for the first time!).
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Twynkle

Re: BBC Radio Scotland Interview - 44th Anniversary of Launch
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2011, 06:09 PM »
'QE2 blazing the trail'
Full of good things, Rob

For info: on my counter it was 48' - 53'.
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Well done !!!! and great publicity for the website.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2011, 08:31 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2011, 09:07 PM »
In honour of the 44th anniversary of QE2's launch, I was interviewed by the John Beattie show on BBC Radio Scotland, and it was broadcast today at around 12:45.  This means it should be about 45 minutes into the following recording of the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014r38f

Excellent interview, Rob. You had your wits about you and told your listeners some of the "story". I am sure you could have kept them spellbound for a far longer time  :)  !

Being radio, this recording can be played even outside the UK -- but sadly, only for the next seven days. Listen and enjoy!

Online Bob C.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Well done!

Offline Alistair

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2011, 08:05 AM »
4 years ago yesterday was when I dragged myself full of the cold down to a wet and windy Greenock esplanade to re-aquaint myself with the ship I had last seen sail down the river on November 1968.  It was definitely worth it! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown since then.
I was able to listen to the radio interview here in Kuwait. Really enjoyed it and you made some good points Rob. Well done.

Alistair