Author Topic: QE2 Launched by Queen - BBC Record archive LP  (Read 1137 times)

shineonsyd

QE2 Launched by Queen - BBC Record archive LP
« on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:45 PM »
Good evening to one and all

I am a newbie to this site and don't have any particular links to QE2 apart from the fact that I live nr Glasgow and have worked close to the old shipyard's. However I am in awe of the spectacular planes and boats of the past i.e. Concorde, Brittania, Vulcan, QE2, Ark Royal etc etc.
Anyway the reason for this post is that I sell Vinyl online and in my travels I recently came across an interesting piece of Vinyl connected to the QE2 which led me to this site in my search for info. The LP was from the BBC Record library and features news footage from the launch by the Queen and crowd clips whilst she was launched, more interestingly it features many of the John Brown shipyard workers discussing the QE2 and what she should be named etc amongst other things, and singing some songs and talking about the building of the majestic ship itself.

I would imagine that the Beeb made a few copies but presumably this is quite a rare item, and of course ulimately I will be looking to sell it on, but I was just looking to see what sort of interest it might provoke amongst the QE2 faithful?

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 Launched by Queen - BBC Record archive LP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:03 AM »
This could be ever rarer than the "Come aboard the QE2"  A voyage in Sound LP narrated by Richard Baker
Do you know what condition its in? and does it come with a protective sleeve and cover sleeve ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

shineonsyd

Re: QE2 Launched by Queen - BBC Record archive LP
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Hi Thanks for reply
Just comes in the BBC green library cover, I will post a full picture
In terms of quality it is a bit mixed unfortuantely, would grade as Good to VG in places, has a couple of surface marks and quite a few clicks in places, but there are other sections which are very clear with no clicks.
I saw the one you are talking about, there was a couple of those about.