Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Book signing  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Waverley

Book signing
« on: Aug 29, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Did anyone else join a very long queue to have their purchased book signed by the captain.  My QE2 book was signed by Captain Perkins.   Does this event still happen on the other Cunard ships.  I have been on the QM2 twice and cannot seem to recall a book signing event.   Anyone out there able to confirm if this still happens?
Robert

Offline CAP

Re: Book signing
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2011, 08:32 AM »
Guilty,

I jouned a queue for a Commodore Warner signing in the QM2 library. this was back in 2009.  The book in question was one I had put together of QE2's last return Transatlantic crossing in 2008.  I'd approached the Commodore at a cocktail party to see if he would sign the book as he ws master of QM2 for the tandem crossing, whilst he was happy to do so he did say there was a formal book signing.  I even have a formal photo taken by one of the ship's many Cunard fundraisers :)

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2011, 08:59 AM »
I was one of the people where queuing for books signing by the Captain was a ritual, when onboard QE2. 

There is a book signing session with the Captain on Queen Victoria.  When onboard Queen Victoria this year I asked Captain Ian Hutley to sign the books I had bought.  In return I gave him a QE2 Story badge and told him a little about the QE2 Story Forum which he was interested to hear about.   
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Did anyone else join a very long queue to have their purchased book signed by the captain.  My QE2 book was signed by Captain Perkins.   Does this event still happen on the other Cunard ships.  I have been on the QM2 twice and cannot seem to recall a book signing event.   Anyone out there able to confirm if this still happens? 

It wasnt a book, but on the Farewell crossings the length of queue was crazy, but l got this signed..

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Hi all......on my last voyage on QM2 (TA-Norway-TA) July 2010, I stood in a long line in the library to have Captain Nick Bates sign his "Pinch of Salt" book.....had a nice conversation with him... it was well worth the wait in line.

QE2 Canuck     Linda C.

Offline Andy F

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2011, 07:08 PM »
I believe so and was certainly still going strong last year on both QV and QM2
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline Andy F

« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Can confirm the book signings continue (for now at least), though likely depends on the Captain and itinerary
Start every day with a smile and get it over with