Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: "Meet the Captain" photo gallery  (Read 24682 times)

Offline down under Charles

Re: New "Meet the Captain" photo gallery
« Reply #40 on: Jun 23, 2014, 06:26 AM »
I have just realized that i have told my story about my time on QE2 several times as i only write probably 2x per year its not that i have nothing else to tell about my fabulous experience  on this ship but some of the stuff could most likely not be printed or be on public view for everyone to see,but i can almost write encyclopedias about QE2 and all of the other ships i have worked on and its something i will never forget,they were the best years of my young adult life,and i recommend to anyone who is interested in exploring the world and getting paid for it"try to get a job on a cruiseship"you wont regret it
Charles Traa
Anna Bay
Australia

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #41 on: Nov 12, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Any more Meet the Captain photos out there,
Or did anyone NOT want their photo taken ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #42 on: Nov 13, 2014, 10:34 AM »
I have a few photos which I will try and find.  Her is one taken at the Captain Cocktail Party on Transatlantic Crossing to New York June 1997

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

Re: "Meet the Captain" photo gallery
« Reply #43 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:24 PM »
With an influx of new members, any more Meet the Captain photos..
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Michelle Pellay-Walker

« Reply #44 on: Jul 03, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Here are my two:

1.  28 August 2003:  Westbound Transatlantic Crossing (Captain Ian McNaught).  I was travelling solo, and expected this to be my one and only ocean liner voyage.

2.  26 June 2008:  Norwegian Wonders (Captain Ian McNaught).  So,...I treated myself to an extra-special 50th birthday present, accompanied by my then-boyfriend.  It was our first cruise, and I'm delighted to say that he's been my husband for the last seven years!!  :-) 
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2018, 03:42 PM by Michelle »

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #45 on: Jul 03, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Great to see more previously unseen photos!

Wondering if Ian McNaught was captain during the 11th to 17th August 2003 westbound transatlantic (the first QE2 voyage for me and my parents)?
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #46 on: Jul 03, 2018, 04:27 PM »

Wondering if Ian McNaught was captain during the 11th to 17th August 2003 westbound transatlantic (the first QE2 voyage for me and my parents)?
He could well have been as he was Captain on 15th Sept when i signed off in Palma de Majorca, he signed my Discharge Book.

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #47 on: Jul 03, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Thanks Avariel, looks like you have got the ball rolling.

My voyage was E811 Mediterranean Mosaic - 20th to 31st July 2008

Captain David Perkins with my mum and me.

The same voyage as the last QE2 voyage we went on (my parents and I).
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #48 on: Jul 03, 2018, 09:45 PM »
One of the Luke twins , Pauline Sleigh Captains Secretary,Himself,Ian Galloway Furnishing Mgr, Staff Captain Ron Bolton and the other luke Twin Jamie or David never could match their faces.

Small world! My Uncle (one of my Dad's older brothers) and his family who live in Oslo were and still are good friends with the Luke twins! My Uncle and his family used to visit QE2 when she was in Oslo back in the 1980s or so through knowing the Luke twins. My Uncle and his family have then met up with us on the dockside when we visited Oslo on QE2 in 2006 and on QM2 in 2011 although they weren't able to come aboard of course.

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #49 on: Jul 03, 2018, 10:17 PM »

Further to my earlier post above:

We never had our photos taken with the Captain as it wasn't my Parents type of thing - same with the cocktail parties that followed - on both QE2 and QM2. However, I do remember sailing with Captains Christopher Rynd and David Perkins over the years through meeting them and still having the Daily Programmes for these voyages. Unfortunately we don't seem to have all the Daily Programmes (we kept them all) from our voyages and I suspect we lost some of them in the house move down to Bournemouth we did back in October 2011 given other things were lost. As a result, I was wondering if anyone would be able to fill in the gaps as to which Captain we had on which QE2 voyage?

11th August to 17th August 2003 - Westbound transatlantic - Captain ?

21st October to 30th October 2004 - Iberian Shores - Captain ?

18th July to 30th July 2005 - Mediterranean Treasures - Captain Christopher Rynd

29th July to 5th August 2006 - Northern Odyssey - Captain ?

31st July to 12th August 2007 - Mediterranean Treasures (as well it seems) - Captain ?

20th July to 31st July 2008 - Mediterranean Mosaic - Captain David Perkins

Sorry if I've derailed the topic, Mods please feel free to move this post if needed.

Many thanks to anyone able to help!
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2018, 10:28 PM by Thomas Hypher »