Author Topic: 2012 Archive - 2012 Calendar Photo of the month competition - discussions  (Read 6838 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

If you have any comments or would like to make any suggestions about the photo of the month competition please add them to this topic.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011, 10:20 PM by Lynda »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: Photo of the month - discussions
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2011, 06:44 PM »
Apologies for the issues we had with the gallery upload - this has now been resolved so feel free to make our mouths water!

Follow link to Instructions:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,3312.0.html
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2011, 06:51 PM by Lynda »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2011, 10:47 AM »
The photos for the July competition are looking good and brings back many good memories of the superb presentation of food on QE2.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=48

Have a look. :D
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
Re: Photo of the Month - Discussions
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2011, 11:13 AM »
My 3 photos for this Month has been done.Lynda the one i posted of my birthday party please feel free to remove it if you think it does not belong to the theme.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Your 25th birthday photo seems okay to me.  It is a photo of food and a buffet.  How many people could say that they had a birthday buffet onboard QE2?

I have had the occasional birthday or anniversary cake but never a buffet. 
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Only one day left to vote for your favourite photo for the June Photo of the Month QE2 Interiors. 

If your have not voted yet please have a look and vote for your favourite. 

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,3304.0.html

;D
www.qe2event.com

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2011, 10:23 AM »
Hello Lynda,

Would it be possible to add the name(s) of the winners in the gallery section for each month?For example for June you have Theme of the month : QE2 interiors, then just add the winners underneath.

Cheers Louis

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2011, 10:51 AM »
I will look into this Louis.
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Hello Lynda,

Would it be possible to add the name(s) of the winners in the gallery section for each month?For example for June you have Theme of the month : QE2 interiors, then just add the winners underneath.

Cheers Louis

Louis - I have added the winner against the winning photo.  I am not sure if I can add the names where you have suggested without it getting too crowded.  Have a look and let me know what you think.
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Photo of the Month Competition changes to ensure we meet 2012 Calendar deadline

There will be slight changes to the Photo of the Month competition rules to ensure we meet the print deadline.

There will be two topics in the competition for you to submit your photos during the month of September:

QE2 on the Clyde – chosen by Ken MacLeod
QE2 Crew at Work – chosen by Isabelle Prondzynski

We will be changing the dates for submitting and voting for the September photos.

The Photo Gallery albums will be ready for you to upload your photos from Friday 26 August.  However there will be a three-week rather than four-week timescale for submitting and voting for photos. The closing date for submitting photos under both topics will be 16 September.  Voting will run from 16 September until 7 October.  

The winning photos for the two September topics will be the last competition photos for the 2012 Calendar.  

We will choose a new topic for October that will run from 1 October to 31 October so that we will once again fit in with the Photo of the Month Competition. If the 2012 calendar is a success with members and we decide to prepare another calendar for 2013, then the prizewinning photo of the October competition will be the first of those selected for the 2013 calendar.
www.qe2event.com

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2011, 12:48 PM »
Such yummy photos to vote for this month!

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,3361.0.html

Which of them will make it into the calendar? Do vote and tell us. Anyone can vote, you don't have to have submitted a picture yourself :D .

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:05 AM »
The photo of the month Gallery Albums are now ready for you to upload you photos for the September Photo of the Month Competition.  

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/index.php?cat=19

There are two themes this month which are:

QE2 on the Clyde
QE2 Crew at Work

Remember that there will be a three week timescale for submitting your photo entries from 26 August until 16 September.  

These are another two interesting themes for out QE2 Story Calendar so look out your photos it could be you who has the winning photo that is included in our QE2 Story Calendar.  

Have a look at the instructions on how to enter:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,3312.0.html
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2011, 10:16 AM by Lynda »
www.qe2event.com

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Sadly i have no photos of the QE2 on the Clyde  :(

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2011, 12:03 PM »
Sadly i have no photos of the QE2 on the Clyde  :(

That is the bad news, but the good news is that hopefully you will have lots of photos of QE2 Crew at Work.  I like the photo you have already posted in the Gallery and looking forward to seeing more photos posted. 
www.qe2event.com

Online No 736

« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Hi Lynda, may have made a horlicks of posting entries for sept. How do I sort?
Regards Steve.

Louis I know its not the same but happy to send some of my images from the Clyde if you would like.
Steve S.

P&O 7-ship event in Southampton, 3 July 2012

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 14
Views: 6168
Last post Jul 12, 2012, 10:26 PM
by Peter Mugridge
Newsletter September 2012: 45th Anniversary of QE2 Launch

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 2243
Last post Sep 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
by Lynda Bradford
New Years Eve on Queen Mary 2011-2012

Started by cunardqueenBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 20
Views: 10699
Last post Feb 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
by cunardqueen
PS Waverley timetable 2012

Started by No 736Board PS Waverley

Replies: 3
Views: 4023
Last post Sep 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
by Bruce Nicholls
QE2 story Clyde Gathering - 29th & 30th of June 2012

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events