Author Topic: Next visit to Liverpool?  (Read 5356 times)

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

Next visit to Liverpool?
« on: May 22, 2011, 01:05 PM »
When does Queen Mary 2 next visit Liverpool? I would love to go and see her if I could.

Offline Michael Gallagher

Re: Next visit to Liverpool?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Queen Elizabeth makes her maiden call on 8 September 2011 followed a week later (15 September) by QM2 making her second visit. Both dates are a Thursday. Ships will arrive late morning and sail at 2300 hours to fireworks.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:36 PM »
I was on the Queen Victoria last year when she visited Liverpool to celebrate the Cunard 170 years Anniversary.  There was a very warm welcome and send off from the people of Liverpool.  At eleven o'clock at night we were dancing to a Beatles tribute band in the Garden Room prior to the fireworks display which we watched from on deck.

I would imagine that both Queens visiting this year would get an equally warm welcome.   
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:52 AM »
And for Queen Elizabeth's call all passengers are being invited to the Anglican Cathedral for a Concert dedicated to the three Elizabeths - appropriately called THE MAGNIFICENT ELIZABETHS. QE2 will feature large. These Cathedral Concerts have been done twice before - 2007 for QE2's 40th and 2008 for her final Round Britain.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 01:03 PM »
   And for Queen Elizabeth's call all passengers are being invited to the Anglican Cathedral for a Concert dedicated to the three Elizabeths - appropriately called THE MAGNIFICENT ELIZABETHS. QE2 will feature large. These Cathedral Concerts have been done twice before - 2007 for QE2's 40th and 2008 for her final Round Britain.

Might it be an option the Cunard might consider doing a professional DVD of this service and perhaps allowing it to be purchased.
The DVD of the concert for the Final Round Britain can only be said as perhaps not upto the normal standard that was expected, However in saying that, those of us that were there can only marvel at the experience . It was in every way what we expected from Cunard ;D and so much much more  :'( :'(
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 02:14 PM »
There are many reasons why there won't be a sellable DVD but all those attending hopefully will get one - and the quality will be better this time. Endless meeting in Liverpool last week to ensure this.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 07:04 PM »

Sounds good! :)
It must have been an interesting discussion in reaching The 'Magnificent' Elizabeths

Had it been 'The Glorious Elizabeths'
Magnificent Mary might not have minded ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:13 PM by Twynkle »

Offline caledonia

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:22 AM »
That should be a day to remember if its anything like her first visit a couple of years ago, i was fortunate to be onboard for that memorable day, hope the weather is better this time though. It was an experience to sail up the Mersey on such a superb liner and the send off in the evening was wonderful. Hopefully i will get some photos of her in the sun this time!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I have just booked for the QM2 round Britain trip in September.  I am so looking forward to our visit to Liverpool. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2011, 05:55 AM »
I have just booked for the QM2 round Britain trip in September.  I am so looking forward to our visit to Liverpool. 

If you get a chance, the Anglican Cathedral is worth a visit, especially if you can time it for an organ recital or service.  The organ, the largest in the UK with over 10,000 pipes, and the acoustics, will leave a lasting impression.   
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:07 AM »
Thanks Ken we will certainly go there for a visit. 

Last year we visited all the Beatles tourism places so the Cathedral will be a nice change.  I need to find out the times for organ recitals, as that would be just fab!
www.qe2event.com