Poll

By the traits and attributes mentioned in the below text, what ship is/was the "best" Queen

Queen Mary
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth 2
Queen Mary 2
Queen Victoria
Queen Elizabeth (3)

Author Topic: Vote for the "best" Queen  (Read 12028 times)

Offline Hank Hargrove

• Princess Grill Diner
  • Liner lover, Christ follower, and Okie.
    • Classic Ocean Liners
Re: Vote for the "best" Queen
« Reply #40 on: Apr 01, 2016, 10:33 PM »
Brandon
If you do ever get to the Queen Mary in Long Beach, If you can only spare a day do the Sunday Brunch and then explore her or if you are able, then l do suggest stopping the night, iv always said she comes into her own at night time.
Im not quite sure how the day trippers must feel when they disembark, especially if some of the public rooms are being used for conferences.

I love the advertisement inviting people to Long Beach! And for once it's very truthful! :D
SS United States forever.

The cross: The supreme symbol of love.

Online Trevor Casey

• Queens Grill Diner
  • If I only could, I'd be running up that hill..
« Reply #41 on: Aug 01, 2017, 05:40 PM »
Keep voting!
Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #42 on: Aug 13, 2017, 03:19 PM »
RMS Queen Elizabeth (QE1) because she was often overlooked in life and still is regarding her more famous running mate (not sister ship) RMS Queen Mary. She was more advanced in many ways and some say faster (although that wasn't made public as RMS Queen Mary wouldn't have had as much to be famous for). I liken her situation to Titanic and Britannic, Titanic getting all the fame and fortune and Britannic being the unsung sibling and potentially the unsung hero.

What is heartbreaking is that RMS Queen Elizabeth's final departure from Southampton was quiet (a huge disservice to her) and the whistle/horn she was using to respond to the tiny bit of fanfare failed so she couldn't reply and was effectively mute at least while going down Southampton Water.
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2, in her new life, in Dubai back in January 2020.

Online Trevor Casey

• Queens Grill Diner
  • If I only could, I'd be running up that hill..
« Reply #43 on: Aug 13, 2017, 04:53 PM »
RMS Queen Elizabeth (QE1) because she was often overlooked in life and still is regarding her more famous running mate (not sister ship) RMS Queen Mary. She was more advanced in many ways and some say faster (although that wasn't made public as RMS Queen Mary wouldn't have had as much to be famous for). I liken her situation to Titanic and Britannic, Titanic getting all the fame and fortune and Britannic being the unsung sibling and potentially the unsung hero.

What is heartbreaking is that RMS Queen Elizabeth's final departure from Southampton was quiet (a huge disservice to her) and the whistle/horn she was using to respond to the tiny bit of fanfare failed so she couldn't reply and was effectively mute at least while going down Southampton Water.

A liner underobserved..
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018, 11:13 AM by Trevor Casey »
Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.