Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: 'Bit above the bridge'  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Chris Frame

'Bit above the bridge'
« on: Mar 07, 2011, 05:39 AM »
Rosie will love this one...
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/chriscunard/5499785006/

It's the bit above the bridge on QE. Access is via a discrete door from the Gym and hardly anyone knows it's there.

While not beneath the bridge as on QE2 or QM2 it was quite nice to stand there alone and watch the world go by.

Tom

Re: 'Bit above the bridge'
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Oh no Chris, you've given away one of the best secrets about the Vista Queens!  ::)

The door that leads to area on the QV is designated an "EMERGENCY EXIT" in unnerving, bold, capitalized type.  I can't remember if it says that or something similar on QE, but for some reason I recall it saying something like "Crew Only".  Made me think twice the first time I opened that door.  I was always the only person out there, so I always wondered if I was going to get caught...

But it turned out to be a wonderful place to do a sailaway from.  You're directly above the bridge and can look into the bridgewings and also down onto the Captain's balcony.  On our way out of Copenhagen, I remember seeing Captain Wright taking a smoke break before walking back onto the bridge.

Offline matdark

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2011, 10:55 AM »
Yup, great place to linger in! I actually found it on the HAL Oosterdam, way easier although also kind of hidden, and figured there should also be an access to it on the Cunard vistas... Yes there was! Approach to the Stromboli from here is breathtaking!

Online Bob C.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Yup, great place to linger in! I actually found it on the HAL Oosterdam...

So much for uniqueness that used to be found in designating a ship as a "Queen".  Same place, different ship and different line!