Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Elizabeth - General Discussion  (Read 66167 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: Queen Elizabeth (2010)
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2010, 09:27 PM »
The Queen Mary in Long Beach has this magnificent display of woods used onboard.

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Chris Frame

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2010, 05:46 AM »
That is a very fine piece of artwork, and really worthy of a Queen (but I am thinking of another Elizabeth that it would look better in, or am I just carping again)

Online Bob C.

« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Forgive me if this is already posted but I just found this picture of a QE cutaway model this morning.  Pretty neat model but QE's design makes her too common to be called a "Queen". 

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/captain-greybeard/cruise-pictures/  (about half-way down)

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #244 on: Jun 03, 2010, 01:21 PM »
Take a good look at the Elizabeth's profile here:
http://www.cunard.com/en-au/Ships/Queen-Elizabeth/Deck-Plans/

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #245 on: Jun 03, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Take a good look at the Elizabeth's profile here:
http://www.cunard.com/en-au/Ships/Queen-Elizabeth/Deck-Plans/

Oh dear.  There is nothing of any interest to me there, inside or out.  A floating old people's home, or museum to Olde Englande.  Its outrageous that they dare compare this to QE1 or QE2.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #246 on: Jun 03, 2010, 01:45 PM »
She is significantly less attractive than QV.

Externally, that boxy stern and indoor area under the mast make her look quite different to Victoria.
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 03:08 PM by Chris »

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #247 on: Jun 03, 2010, 02:10 PM »
She is significantly less attractive than QV.
... and thats not saying much! (in my humble opinion!)

Online Bob C.

« Reply #248 on: Jun 03, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Sam Cunard must be rolling over in his grave - again.

Offline skilly56

« Reply #249 on: Jun 03, 2010, 09:44 PM »
You people up there are lucky you can even get this page to load. The page comes up grayed out on my screen, with a window right in the middle, and a message saying, "Cunard have detected that your location is different from your browser setting", and it correctly tells me I am located in NZ. When I click on the NZ button it then takes me immediately to the old virtual tour page, which of course is now corrupted.

Obviously Cunard do not want people to sail with them anymore! If you can't get the info, itineraries, etc from them anymore, one is probably going to head for the P&O site to get the options from over there.
Skilly

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #250 on: Jun 03, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Same thing happens me in Belgium... except that Cunard probably spell New Zealand New Zealand, whereas I seem to be allocated to a country they call Belguim...  ???

Actually, I cannot get to anything on the Cunard UK or US web sites at all -- the same box meets me on every page I try. Well, that will be my last attempt for a while!

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #251 on: Jun 04, 2010, 12:10 AM »
For those of you who can't access the Cunard website, here is an accurate rendering of QE3, most definitely the ugly sister.  Say goodbye to the "liner" like stern profile.  :o 
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #252 on: Jun 04, 2010, 12:20 AM »
Its a good job she's got bad copies of QE2's funnel and mast, otherwise she might look really bad.

<cough>.

Offline citrail

« Reply #253 on: Jun 04, 2010, 12:59 AM »
Quote "Please wait for the deckplans to load"

I think I can :(

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #254 on: Jun 04, 2010, 07:07 AM »
The funnel looks fairly O>K. but the mast looks stupid and skinny, and Now I see her in all her boxy (poxy) glory, I really can say that Q Viky and Scary Mary are at least a bit better looking. THIS looks like a ship-lovers bad dream. UGH.

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

« Reply #255 on: Jun 10, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Oh dear! I was going to give her a chance but this is bad.

I hope Cunard introduce a new liner not a vista class clone or another clone a NEW liner with proper lines, captures the present day and named in a gracious way. Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and QE2 are all icons because they were representing their era and the era they came from. Queen Mary 2 on the other hand is the only true liner ship Cunard has now.

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #256 on: Jun 10, 2010, 10:40 PM »
Oh dear! I was going to give her a chance but this is bad.

I hope Cunard introduce a new liner not a vista class clone or another clone a NEW liner with proper lines, captures the present day and named in a gracious way. Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and QE2 are all icons because they were representing their era and the era they came from. Queen Mary 2 on the other hand is the only true liner ship Cunard has now.

You're young.  Perhaps this will happen in your lifetime, but don't bet on it.  >:(  I'm hoping to still be around when Cunard faces a similar debacle on what to do with a beloved liner, the QM2.  There was mention of additional demand potentially for liners in the last Carnival UK report on the state of the cruise industry, but given the state of the economy, I suspect those far off plans are on hold.
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

« Reply #257 on: Jun 10, 2010, 11:14 PM »
I know a ship can't come close to QE2 but I just wish they can make another proper liner. If they do bring in a new ship it might not be built in the U.K which is the sad thing.

I'm proud to say QE2 is my generation as she was converted to be more newer in the late 80s early 90s which she became known as the "new" QE2. When I have children and grandchildren I'll tell them that QE2 represented us as a country during my era and something I'm proud of. I felt the same when she was cruising and I am proud to say she was cruising around the world representing us. But now we have this awful boxy and bloated looking ship representing us.

That wasn't meant at QM2 by the way its the new QE.
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010, 11:19 PM by RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 »

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #258 on: Jun 20, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Here's a link to the next video clip of Queen Elizabeth in Fincantieri with Alistair Greener
posted by CunardQueens
http://vodpod.com/watch/3869018-wearecunard-queen-elizabeth-blog-part-1
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #259 on: Jun 21, 2010, 07:30 AM »
I had a good look at the view Highlander posted (8 posts above) and if my eyes don't decieve me, Tin Lizzie seems to be floating on her keel (have a look at  the reflection below her.) Either the artist wanted to show her underwater shape for some reason, or she's a hovercraft! ;D