Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Elizabeth - General Discussion  (Read 66153 times)

Offline Matt

Freo, Heave Ho! We are the Freo Dockers!

Offline Twynkle

Re: Queen Elizabeth (2010)
« Reply #101 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Am I the only one that's sad about Ms Marlow's current sartorial style?
Now that she no longer is tied up in Cunard,
she will undoubtedly hope to convey the image of her new line.
The bit of her that tried very hard to resemble QE2 will be missing.

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Matt

« Reply #102 on: Dec 14, 2009, 04:09 PM »
Am I the only one that's sad about Ms Marlow's current sartorial style?
Now that she no longer is tied up in Cunard,
she will undoubtedly hope to convey the image of her new line.
The bit of her that tried very hard to resemble QE2 will be missing.

I Liked her and i shall miss her! She seemed good to me! haha

http://www.pocruises.com/LandingPage/marlow/index.html Thats her new Image Rosie!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #103 on: Dec 14, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Maybe she wanted to move away from Cunard, so she could stop wearing that red jacket, and have everybody complaining to her all the time about what they did to poor QE2!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #104 on: Dec 14, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Oh!...I was thinking that maybe, as a reminder of her Glory Days with QE2 -  she'd appreciate an I LOVE QE2 Badge!
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Matt

« Reply #105 on: Dec 15, 2009, 04:25 AM »
Did Marlow also announce that the Artemis, another much loved P&O Vessel (obviously not as loved as the QE2, dont get me wrong!), will be exiting the fleet in 2011?

If so, she really is the bearer of bad news!!

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #106 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Perhaps it was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and now that the fuss has died down she has been moved, Who on earth would want to leave Cunard for P&O? Mindyou l was ever so nearly sailing of on the Canberra in a friendly four cabin... the rest is history ;D

Oh!...I was thinking that maybe, as a reminder of her Glory Days with QE2 -  she'd appreciate an I LOVE QE2 Badge!

Rosie, lf l thought she would like one, l would gladly give her one.... Err Badge that is :-X

And Rob can let us know when she joins up...and he can delete this topic pronto  ;)

(and if Shanks wants one he can pay for his !!!)
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

richc1977

« Reply #107 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:51 PM »
I like (not) how they talk of the new Queen Elizabeth as "our" (i.e. Cunard's) third Queen!

http://wearecunard.com/2010/01/the-final-touches-are-added-to-queen-elizabeth-before-she-floats-out/
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2010, 06:49 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Scott Ebersold

« Reply #108 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Maybe she wanted to move away from Cunard, so she could stop wearing that red jacket, and have everybody complaining to her all the time about what they did to poor QE2!

:D

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #109 on: Jan 05, 2010, 10:49 AM »
More about queen Elizabeth's 'Floating Out Ceremony'

'...Having a godmother or ‘madrina’ as they are called in Italy, at a ship’s float out is an Italian tradition. For Queen Elizabeth, it will be Florence Farmer, whose husband Willie joined Cunard in September 1938 and served as chief engineer on the first Queen Elizabeth and the QE2 until he retired in October 1979...'

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2010/01/05/32725/cunards-queen-elizabeth-floats-out-today.html

The Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1240853/Impressive-92-000-tonne-Queen-Elizabeth-liner-takes-water-time-Italy.html

USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=13669.blog

Isn't it going to be painful - if everyone starts calling this queen Elizabeth 'successor to QE2' - Arrgh!
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2010, 08:56 PM by Twynkle »

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #110 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:23 AM »

Looks like the red jacket has a new owner ;).. Florence Farmer, she was on QE2 for her farwell UK voyage.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #111 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Will she have an open observation deck?
Please.... before it's too late to give us one.
She's going to have other memories of QE2 and QE...
Together with these, mightn't The Bit Beneath the Bridge become her very own USP?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1240853/Impressive-92-000-tonne-Queen-Elizabeth-liner-takes-water-time-Italy.html
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2010, 09:00 AM by Twynkle »

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

« Reply #112 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:22 AM »
What do you think of her? Now more pictures are shown in what she looks like does she look better than QV?

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #113 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Externally - no.  The balconies spoil it all again.

Internally - yes.  Very impressive.

And in those photos, oh how unfortunate that the red and white chimney on the shore behind her appears as if it's her funnel! ;D

I notice the name has already been put on; is this an attempt to prevent any imprompt addition of the suffix "3" during the actual ceremony in October?! ;D
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline jdl

• Britannia Grill Diner
  • Sorry its not a picture of me and QE2!
Re: Another Queen Elizabeth...
« Reply #114 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:02 PM »
When QE2's farewell sailings went to market everyone was in a state of shock / depression - hence it took a bit longer to dial the numbers to make the bookings!!

Very very good Chris, can't stop chuckling at my laptop - good work!

john

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #115 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Will she have an open observation deck?
Please.... before it's too late to give us one.
She's going to have other memories of QE2 and QE...
Together with these, mightn't The Bit Beneath the Bridge become her very own USP?

There is something clearly different above the bridge in comparision to QV.  The rounded bit at the top is different and appears to be a full level higher, perhaps it is similar to Eurodam and the other recent Vista cousins of Costa.  At the stern, the step down will be less pronounced in profile.  If you compare deck plans, they've added cabins and reduced the outside deck space.  I still want to know why the funnel casing can't extend up more to conceal the engine exhausts more like QE2 and to at leat give an appearance of a taller stack.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2010, 11:52 PM by highlander0108 »
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Offline luzparis

« Reply #116 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:45 PM »
i don't like the top of the ship very heavy and the look very massive  :-X

Online Bob C.

« Reply #117 on: Jan 07, 2010, 05:20 AM »
Could have been made to reflect the Cunard traditions better.  Her nose is short wide and fat and she looks too top heavy.  Her lines need to be refined better.

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #118 on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:35 AM »
Could have been made to reflect the Cunard traditions better.  Her nose is short wide and fat and she looks too top heavy.  Her lines need to be refined better.

Not much you can do Bob if you are recycling a proven cruise ship design, getting their money's worth out of the design.  :(
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

« Reply #119 on: Jan 07, 2010, 09:02 AM »
The interiors looks great but the only part of the ship I don't like is the balconies and the way the wheelhouse is too close to the bow. On QE2. Queen Mary and the original Queen Elizabeth they have their wheelhouse quite far back.

I wish Cunard would make another design instead of the same Vista Class ships. I wonder if they will have another ship to get built? It would be good to get another Transatlantic liner from them.