Author Topic: TS Duchess of Hamilton: Clyde steamer trip to QE2 launch  (Read 3000 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: TS Duchess of Hamilton: Clyde steamer trip to QE2 launch
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:13 PM »
For those of you that have no interest in seeing the state of Britain's railways in the mid sixties around Glasgow, Greenock etc you can jump to the interesting bits at 38:00 which shows Queen Elizabeth at Inchgreen Drydock at Greenock and 39:48 for the launch and other views showing her being docked at Greenock after the initial engine problems - including her first collision with the dockside.

Excellent footage, and the long-distance view of the launch is so well positioned! As are the Waverley and the Duchess of Hamilton :) .

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: TS Duchess of Hamilton: Clyde steamer trip to QE2 launch
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:59 PM »
Thank you so much Pete!

That video is truly wonderful, and I'd never seen it before.

I just just muttering and ranting to myself about how shocking it was that they closed all those railway lines... when Queen Elizabeth pops up looking utterly magnificent.  What a ship she was, and then the lovely piece about QE2's launch, fitting out and the trip down the Clyde.  You're right, the list on the Waverley is quite shocking and gets a mention on the piece.

Thanks again - well worth a watch everybody!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.