Author Topic: The New QE2Story Badge!  (Read 15430 times)

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
The New QE2Story Badge!
« on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Well they arrived today!  I was quite excited opening the box.

I would like to thank Richard for the original forum logo design on which this is based, Lynda for organising the entire thing, and, importantly, the generous donors to the forum who have made it possible for me to pay for these before any are bought.

And now for the unveiling (attached).  They're lovely quality I think.  Perfect for quite subtly showing your support both for the QE2, and this website.

I'll add the ability to buy them to the Shop in the next couple of days.  For UK customers, they'll be £5 for one including postage.  This allows us to break even.  The cost is relatively high because we've had to order a relatively low number of them.  If you order more than one, I can lower the price for you (because there will be no additional postage & packing).
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2011, 06:24 PM by Rob Lightbody »

Passionate about QE2 for 35 years.

Offline SaraSteiner

Re: The New QE2Story Badge!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Hi Rob
I would really like one. How much including postage to South Africa?
Sara Steiner
Sallie AKA Sara

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2011, 07:35 PM »
And the US?

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I'd also like to know how to buy a badge from the US.  Thanks.
Whenever I hear a sea story I think of the first time I saw the QE2 and the great adventures that followed.

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Great Rob, I'll be proud to wear one.  :)

Offline Jem

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2011, 10:09 PM »
They look fantastic Rob! I'll certainly by one. Great job done by you all :)

Offline QE2forever

• Advisor to TQS
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • Getting there was all the fun...
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Wow, looks fantastic. Well done Rob, Richard and Lynda!

Rob I'm afraid you will have to send one to Switzerland as well... :-)

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Just bought mine!  Thanks, Rob et al for making it so easy to do - did everything from my iPhone!
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011, 03:37 PM by Bob C. »

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Thanks Bob! Glad to hear it was easy, even on an Iphone!

For those of you reading in guest mode, as you might have guessed, the badges are now available to order in the shop!

richc1977

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Ordered mine  :)

bobso

« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Just ordered the new QE2 badge Rob, looking forward to receiving it in due course.
Best wishes to all for 2011
Bobso

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Hi Bob - Just ordered new badge and stamp ... it was very easy, even the pounds/dollar ratios were computed for me.  Thanks ... great job.

Janice
Whenever I hear a sea story I think of the first time I saw the QE2 and the great adventures that followed.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:39 AM »
I am really pleased at how the badge has turned out.  When working with the badge manufacturer you only see the design image on paper and you miss out on the full effect.  The task was made easy because of Richard's Forum Logo design which gives an up to date look to the forum web page header and transferred well onto the badge design.    The moderators made the final choice for the badge and it looks like a good choice was made. I am certainly looking forward to wearing my badge. 
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:23 PM »
About to order mine, but have to ask does this make ' I heart QE2 ' badges collectable all of a sudden, cos the one I have left is goin in the cupboard

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:26 PM »
Thank you to everybody for your feedback, and your many orders!  The first batch of badges will be in my local postbox this evening.  We will all be very interested to hear what you think of them, and we'll be expecting photos of you wearing them in interesting shippy places!!

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2011, 10:48 AM »
I just want to let you all know that I've been able to lower the overseas prices by a whopping 50p, after sending the first couple out to establish the cost.

If the people who have already bought at the slightly higher price would like the 50p refunded, we are more than happy to do this - please just email admin@TheQE2Story.com and we'll sort it for you.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:14 PM »
I was absolutely delighted with my new QE2 Story Badge when it arrived in the post this morning and have been wearing it all day.  In fact I  think it looks better than in the photo shown in the QE2 Story shop.

Rob asked forum members to take a photo wearing the badge at interesting shippy places.  I will think about doing that when we are out and about at 'shippy places' but in the meantime I hope you like my photo of the QE2 Story badge taking pride of place on a QE2  picture that has a special place in my house.    

Looking forward to hearing what other forum members think about the badge and seeing photos.  
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011, 04:17 PM by Lynda »
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Waverley

« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2011, 05:37 PM »
My badge also arrived today. I am really pleased with it and it looks superb. Heading out soon to find a "shippy place" for a sutable photo.
Robert

bobso

« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Hi Rob, The new QE2 badge arrived here yesterday. It looks great. Thanks for posting it so quickly. Will make a nice addition to my QE2 collection.
Best wishes, Bob.

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2011, 12:33 PM »
I don't know if this was intended but looking at Lynda's photo above, the new badge has the subtle appearance of an anchor.  This is very appropriate since the QSF is now the place to anchor all things QE2.  Well done design team!

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Great badge Rob, thank you.

Offline No 736

« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Hi Rob, badge 1 arrived today and looks great. It looks subtle yet, will stand out to those of us that love the ship.

I look forward to spotting others in the future and having a chat.

Many thanks Steve S.

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #22 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Hi Rob, badge 1 arrived today and looks great. It looks subtle yet, will stand out to those of us that love the ship.

I look forward to spotting others in the future and having a chat.

Many thanks Steve S.
Glad you like it!!  They're winging their way all around the world as we speak.

What do you mean by 'badge 1' ?  Have I made a mistake and only sent you 1 when you ordered more?

Offline Scott Ebersold

« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2011, 03:51 AM »
Can't wait until mine gets winged here!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2011, 09:43 AM »
I don't know if this was intended but looking at Lynda's photo above, the new badge has the subtle appearance of an anchor.  This is very appropriate since the QSF is now the place to anchor all things QE2.  Well done design team!

Bob What a appropriate description of the QE2 Story as a place to anchor all things QE2. I really like that and think you should use that term Rob within the QE2 Story front page. I did think about an anchor when I placed the badge there so glad you picked up on that Bob. 

What a lovely thought that the QE2 Story badges are winging their way around the world.  It would be wonderful if all our members bought and wore the badge not just at shippy events but to work and  when cruising, so as to start discussion about the knowledge and love of the ship displayed in this forum and the fate of the QE2.  So if you have not ordered your badge yet why not think about placing an order now and show your support for the forum. 

www.qe2event.com

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Thanks Lynda.  And Rob, please go ahead and use the phrase as you see fit - royalty free!  ;)

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Re Lynda's notion about wearing QE2Story badges to work, etc., to promote interest in the QE2:  While having dinner w/a friend last Friday night I mentioned the badge and she began asking questions about the QE2.  When I told her the QE2 was in Dubai, my friend laughed and thought I was joking.  She thought the QE2 was still at sea and was shocked to hear she's in Dubai.  I agree w/Lynda ... the badges are going to be a great way to spread the QE2's story.   

Janice

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:25 PM »
By the way Janice - your two orders have been sent days apart - which is a bit daft from a postage point of view, but i didnt notice your 2nd order until the 1st one had already gone!

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2011, 01:48 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Rob, not a problem.  I'm looking forward to receiving them. 

Janice

Offline QE2 whistle

« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:28 PM »
We received our badges today.  They are brilliant.  Can't wait to show them off to everybody.  Thanks Rob, you're a star.

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Mine too has just arrived   :D  ! Such excellent design and workmanship -- well done to Richard, Lynda and Rob!

I shall wear it very happily -- and shall make sure I catch a good photo opportunity in a shippy place to show it off!

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Hi Rob - My QE2Story pin arrived in Clifton Park, NY, today.  They are beautifully done ... great job to everyone who was involved in the process.  I have already pinned it to the lapel of my winter overcoat which I will be wearing often since it was minus 18 degrees here last night!

Thank you for the postcard of the QE2 passing Liberty Island.  It was an unexpected treat when I opened the package.  I always get a little misty eyed when I see her like that.

Janice

Offline Bruce Nicholls

« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Hi Rob

My badge arrived aboard yesterday, post takes a long time to get to our rural outback. The badge is a fabulous production, well done. 
The Stamp & frame are neat and easily get round our ban on any more pictures due to the restricted wall space on board. The post card is very nostalgic.

Thanks, Bruce.

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Still waiting for mine...can't wait.

Offline luzparis

« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:04 PM »
I am happy i receive today my badge .. He s very beautiful  :)

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:02 AM »
A great surprise when this arrived today!

The badges are superb, very high quality and a great gift, will be worn with pride aboard Queen Elizabeth soon.

Marc-Antoine's post cards are a treasure.

The ordering, postage and delivery of this Rob is very professional - complete with QE2 Story logo on the stamp - well done.

Chris.

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:07 PM »
I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.  Any day now...

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:54 PM »
I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.  Any day now...
Hi bob. I just checked for you and the royal mail picked it up from my post box on monday 17th - I would have thought you'd have had it before now!

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Finally got it today!  Here's a few pix of it - I thought the setting was appropriate.  Took the 2nd because the badge is a bit lost in the 1st photo. 

OBTW Rob,
  To answer your question, the package was post-marked on the 17th.  It must have had quite a journey over the past 15 days!

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Glad that it arrived Bob, it looks very good in its new surroundings :)

QE2Story Jigsaw "Liverpool Calling" by Alan Kirby, presented by June Ingram

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard The QE2 Story Jigsaws

Replies: 231
Views: 5269
Last post Feb 15, 2017, 08:54 PM
by pete cain
Mini croisière du QE2Story Forum le 14 au 16 octobre 2011 sur le QM2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Les fans francophones parlent du QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 1714
Last post Nov 23, 2010, 06:24 AM