Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth is not the replacement for QE2  (Read 9611 times)

Offline andyh

Re: Queen Elizabeth is not the replacement for QE2
« Reply #40 on: Oct 31, 2010, 04:47 PM »
I agree with you, Rob, it's a brilliant piece, but there is one comment which I suspect you picked up on also - will this Vista Lizzie ever be as famous as QE2? She might be, or might not, time will tell.

I would like to think so, she has only been in service less than three weeks, so give her a few years and see how people talk about her then, I would bet she will be talked about more than other cruise ships similar to her, but she will have to hit the 40 year mark to be compared with the QE2

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #42 on: Apr 21, 2014, 04:00 PM »
How do they think that a 23.7 knot cruise ship can replace a 34 knot ocean liner? Something else that sad is that MS Queen Elizabeth (2010) is the one that comes up on google instead of RMS Queen Elizabeth (1938).
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #43 on: Apr 22, 2014, 08:48 PM »
There is no ship that can be really compared to our beloved QE2.  She was totally innovative in her time and thoroughly modern.  She is unique for many reasons, one of the most apparent is the effect she has had and still has on people. 
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #44 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Very true June.
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"