Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Maiden voyage of the new Queen Elizabeth  (Read 2134 times)

Offline George C Griffiths

Maiden voyage of the new Queen Elizabeth
« on: Jan 20, 2014, 05:10 PM »
I was one of fortunate few (in the world!) to be on the Maiden Voyage of the new QE in October 2010. It was a fantastic experience and one of the best cruises I have ever been on. We were treated much better than on "normal" cruises - the entertainment was better - and we were given many and very unique souvenirs from Cunard to commemorate the voyage. If any of the Forum members is interested in seeing any of my pictures of the voyage and of the mementos then please reply to this post. I do not mind digging out the mementos and photographing them - and selecting pictures from the voyage - but I hope there will be enough interest to make it worth my while. I'll check for replies from time to time - and decide in a week or so.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014, 08:23 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Clydebuilt1971

Re: Maiden voyage of the new Queen Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Hi George,

Bring it on Sir - bring it on!!

:)

Gav

Offline tdickson

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:09 PM »
We tried without much success to be booked on her Maiden, even to the point were we tried to bribe the local travel agent to get us on-board, but it was sold out within 20+ minutes I was to believe. We settled for her Maiden Med Voyage and I have to agree a great & beautiful ship, but she doesn't have that wow factor of Victoria and we personally prefer QM2
Love to see to your photos etc. I am sure you contribution to this site will be greatly received

Offline Barrie Evans

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:52 PM »
 :) Trevor, was your cruise on  Q E  her second?

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:02 PM »
As far as the QE being better than or not as good as either the QV or QM2 is concerned - to me there is not much difference between the QE and QV. I've sailed on both a few times now. However - I've sailed on QM2 more often - and, overall, I don't think there is much to choose between them. The common denominator is the service and food  - which is virtually identical on all three! The reason I praised the Maiden Voyage so much was simply as Cunard had "pushed the boat out" (pardon the pun!) to ensure that the service was even better - way above normal standards - as befits a Maiden Voyage.

Offline Barrie Evans

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:37 PM »
 >:( it's a pity that Cunard did NOT hand out ANY goodies for the passengers who sailed on the final Q E 2 Southampton to Southampton Voyage , before she sailed out to Dubai.

I must admit we were very disappointed with  Cunard that they did not give us any token to say that we had sailed on her final Southampton to Southampton voyage.

As it was , we were very sad to have to say goodbye to our beloved Q E 2, and to of received a parting gift from Cunard acknowledging our final cruise on the Q E 2,  would of been not too much to ask for, and would of been a perfect finish for our cruise to finish on.

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014, 10:46 PM by Barrie Evans »

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2014, 08:15 AM »
Hi Barrie (and others) - although I praised Cunard in terms of how they treated us on the Maiden Voyage of the new QE - I still think that they have lowered their standards right across the board. In the "Non-QE2 Area » QE2's Successors » Are CUNARD heading in the right direction?" area of the Forum I posted a more detailed opinion. So take a look and it might explain why there are fewer and fewer mementos handed out to commemorate special occasions.

Offline tdickson

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2014, 11:37 PM »
To Barry & to whom else may have been on-board or interested, our first experience and last up until now, as the ship's itineraries, are mostly FLY- Cruises which are not really are thing, was her second voyage 25th OCT until 8th NOV
Maiden Med if I recall.
As I have said before in my humble opinion, she is not Queen Victoria for Class/Elegance etc & not a patch on my Favourite ship Queen Mary 2, however it is interesting wandering around the ship noting the changes they made from Vicky to Lizzie, about 100 changes I have spotted.
However we are looking forward to venturing on-board again if they stop these Med/Fly Cruise's   

Offline Barrie Evans

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:10 PM »
 :) Trevor you old sea dog!  Yes ,  Jean and myself were on the Queen Elizabeth maiden Mediterranean cruise which sailed out of Southampton  on 25th October 2010.  We also liked the Queen Victoria more than the
Queen Elizabeth, although they are sister ships I believe, the cruise was very enjoyable and we will certainly sail with the Queen Elizabeth on another occasion. We have now sailed twice on the QM2 - QV - QE.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:51 PM »
Hi George -- Any and all pictures and commentary will be most appreciated.  And I do agree that a commemorative gift should have been given to those on QE2's last voyage.  It would have been a fitting gesture on the part of Cunard to acknowledge those who sailed on that great ship - our beloved QE2 !  June
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Hank Hargrove

• Princess Grill Diner
  • Liner lover, Christ follower, and Okie.
    • Classic Ocean Liners
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2014, 03:59 PM »
Cunard's most iconic voyages always seem to sell out quickly.
SS United States forever.

The cross: The supreme symbol of love.

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2014, 04:03 PM »
Cunard's most iconic voyages always seem to sell out quickly.

Like the QE2's final voyage!
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline Hank Hargrove

• Princess Grill Diner
  • Liner lover, Christ follower, and Okie.
    • Classic Ocean Liners
« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2014, 03:54 PM »
Like the QE2's final voyage!

Yeah! That one sold out fast!
SS United States forever.

The cross: The supreme symbol of love.