Author Topic: QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs made from her propellors  (Read 44517 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs made from her propellors
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 09:01 PM »
If anybody was to buy these, would you actually use them ? or just put them away and look at them now and again, or perhaps buy them as an investment . How do the golfing fraternity view such things ?
Anyone on here play around  ;)
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline No 736

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 10:50 PM »
If anybody was to buy these, would you actually use them ? or just put them away and look at them now and again, or perhaps buy them as an investment . How do the golfing fraternity view such things ?
Anyone on here play around  ;)
Myles, I try to play a round at least once a week. Golf club technology has moved on since 1988 and I doubt if anyone currently playing the game to any sort of reasonable level, would like to use these clubs. Modern sets of clubs no longer have woods made of wood, but materials such as titanium and they generally have larger head sizes which are easier to hit. As you know the clubs are superbly finished and once they have been played with a few times this finish will be ruined. As for investment, the seller on e-bay at 3k plus has no chance and I would suggest if the other seller gets over £500 he will have done extremely well.
Steve.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #42 on: Jul 19, 2016, 12:07 PM »
This is a fascinating topic! I have just gone through it and in each case captured the prices which sellers were looking for on ebay and whether or not (in most cases, not) they managed to sell their golf clubs or complete sets.

If you have not yet had the chance to read the full story of how the golf clubs came to be made from the QE2 propellers, you have a treat in store, starting here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2362.msg47500.html#msg47500

Sit back and enjoy the story!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #43 on: Aug 21, 2016, 09:42 AM »
Hi,

I have added a separate topic for the sale and valuation of these QE2 golf clubs.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4662.0.html

- Rob
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2017, 11:53 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: QE2 Golf Clubs (the story continued...)
« Reply #44 on: Mar 29, 2021, 06:59 PM »

30th March 1989
The Night of the Gala Dinner on board the QE2 . We arrived early in the day from Osaka to Yokohama on the Bullet Train . We were shown to our cabins and dressed for Dinner .
Mitsui looked after us like royalty . The 600 invited guests ran the country from Banking , Trading , manufacturing , Shipping , Railways , Airlines . It truly was a who’s who of Japan night .
After dinner  ( pic of menu)  The British ambassador to Japan presented the No1 Japanese set to the major of Yokohama in front of the illustrious audience .  That was it for Mitsui,  within 48hs of the presentation they had sold the 1500 sets  for almost £9.5 million.
That had created another problem for Mitsui and their partner JGPI , they had thousands of  requests for a single club as many couldn’t afford £6200.

I was looking for things that happened "on this day" for tomorrow and stumbled across this amazing topic.

It would be great to see some photos of this gala dinner... there must be some somewhere!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Re: Successors - One made it, One didn't, as for Caronia 4?

Started by Chris FrameBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 1
Views: 1179
Last post Feb 04, 2010, 12:01 AM
by Scott Ebersold
Greenock Golf Club

Started by No 736Board Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 3
Views: 1295
Last post Nov 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
by Peter Mugridge
Shore Excursion-QE2 left without you/someone?/just made it?

Started by KEVBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories

Replies: 14
Views: 2878
Last post Jun 10, 2018, 05:05 AM
by skilly56
BBC in the UK - Clydebuilt: The Ships That Made The Commonwealth

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 11
Views: 2135
Last post May 30, 2014, 03:58 PM
by June Ingram
QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs - Sales and valuation advice