Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Re: Queen Elizabeth Naming Ceremony and Preview Lunch Southampton  (Read 17207 times)

Online Michael Gallagher

Re: HM The Queen
« Reply #20 on: Sep 20, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Isabelle - the bust is back! ;)

Online Twynkle

« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2010, 06:48 PM »
And the Royal Standard? :)
Not too sure now how that wall in the Queens Room will manage without...... :'(
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Michael Gallagher

« Reply #22 on: Sep 20, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Rosie - the Standard is back. And in the Queens Room!

Online Twynkle

« Reply #23 on: Sep 21, 2010, 12:19 AM »
That's Good News!
Wonder what Customs and Excise must have thought
Was your suitcase Very heavy ;) ?!!

Hope that you had a good evening -
I walked past the NPG earlier and thought of QE2!

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Jem

« Reply #24 on: Sep 21, 2010, 02:55 AM »
This is all just great news!! Well done Flagship ;D

Cruise_Princess

« Reply #25 on: Sep 21, 2010, 09:22 AM »
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2010, 09:26 AM by Cruise_Princess »

Offline Jem

« Reply #26 on: Sep 21, 2010, 10:57 AM »
At first when I saw it I thought the face didn't look right but when enlarged it seems OK. Should look good on the new QE.

Online Twynkle

« Reply #27 on: Sep 21, 2010, 11:12 AM »
At first when I saw it I thought the face didn't look right but when enlarged it seems OK. Should look good on the new QE.

From 'here' it looks to be a lovely portrait -
Might it be possible to see it at the National Portrait Gallery?

(The digital(?!!) 'image' of Duchess Camilla on QV isn't 'a patch' on this one of HM The Queen!!)

Still wondering about those lovely portraits on E stairway.....
Is there a portrait of The Queen in the QE2's Wardroom - or maybe aging memory's playing tricks!?

Online Twynkle

« Reply #28 on: Sep 21, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Isobel Peachey being invited by Mr Shanks of Cunard
to unveil her portrait of HM The Queen

Thanks to wearecunard

And here's a report from The Mirror
http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/captain-greybeard/2010/09/cunards-royal-portrait-from-th.html
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2010, 08:20 PM by Twynkle »

Cruise_Princess

« Reply #29 on: Sep 22, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Did any one pick up on the video of the unveiling......Mr Shanks comment.....the picture will hang in the Grand Lobby of the new Queen Elizabeth for some 25 to 30 years....

Obviously her life will not be as long as our QE2......( no surprises there then!)
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2010, 07:31 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline bswan

« Reply #30 on: Sep 24, 2010, 12:02 PM »
Yes it was interesting to hear Peter's comments about the portrait.

Online Twynkle

« Reply #31 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:46 PM »
It will be wonderful if HM The Queen refers to QE2.
Please everyone, 'hope so', too - then she might!!

Cruise_Princess

« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2010, 10:54 PM »
I'm just hoping she is mentioned at all thru the entire ceremony....

Will probably just be said that  this will be the third Cunard  ship to bear the name Elizabeth.....

All the Queen will say is I name this ship Queen Elizabeth May God Bless her and all who sail in her...

Any bets on this one?

Offline QueensFan

« Reply #33 on: Sep 28, 2010, 11:37 PM »
It would be brilliant if she were to put a little wit into the cadence...such as..."I name this ship [emphasis]QUEEN ELIZABETH[/emphasis] [slight pause]"...and then so on.

But this is, of course, the Queen...
--- Greg

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #34 on: Sep 29, 2010, 11:12 AM »
And of course this new ship is based mainly on the first Elizabeth...

Pity they didn't do the same with the exterior design then...  ;)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

« Reply #35 on: Sep 30, 2010, 02:41 PM »
I love the painting! Looks wonderful!

I think for some reason I will get to love the new QE even though she is a Vista Class ship.

Online cunardqueen

Re: Queen Elizabeth Naming Ceremony and Preview Lunch Southampton
« Reply #36 on: Oct 10, 2010, 01:20 AM »

For what its worth, l throughly enjoyed the very quick visit onboard Queen Elizabeth today, It was great to see some other forum members onboard and hopefully we shall see some new members joining.

Personally a few things could have been better, the shuttle bus could have been there waiting for the passengers at Central station to get us there in plenty of time to checkin. The timings given did make you wonder if we could see and do all that was expected in the time, but alas we couldnt, an hour for a self tour l felt was pushing things, but then again l didnt need to stand and chat so much, but its nice to catch up with folks over the years. 

As for the ship herself, as a QE2 diehard, lm able to realise that nothing can replace, what for me is a very special ship, and the fact that its two years since l was taking part in her farewell voyages.
 But having toured the QM2 and Queen Victoria l find myself in the position that l didnt want to like this new one, BUT I cant say that,  Ok some things l didnt like, But generally l liked what l saw, and what l saw l liked, Now not that lm rushing to book any cruises just yet, But Queen Elizabeth would be the one l go for. And l never expected to say that. :o

Anyway its late, but will probably give some further insights as to my thoughts when lm back home...

(and no it isnt true, l did not write on the above poster at the bottom, the words  (Thank god for that)
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline andyh

« Reply #37 on: Oct 10, 2010, 11:22 AM »
Good to hear you were impressed with what you saw, can't wait till Tuesday, when we will have two weeks to have a real good look round

Online Twynkle

« Reply #38 on: Oct 10, 2010, 12:07 PM »
From Cunard:
BBC One are broadcasting live from Queen Elizabeth during The Politics Show London at 12.00 noon onwards

Edited
From BBC TV listings - The Daily Politics Show is due to be shown on BBC2!

Post script - after 30 minutes of boring stuff - there was no sign of QE
So very sorry - we've been misled.

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2010, 12:29 PM by Twynkle »

Offline Gav Boy

« Reply #39 on: Oct 11, 2010, 10:44 AM »
I had a lovely day onboard on Saturday, she is a beautiful Ship. It was great to see lots of friends including Passengers and Crew,
including John and Mrs Little and Myles. Also the great Press team Eric and Micheal.

We were treated to a lovely lunch and as we left were given a wonderful book about the Ship.

As i was leaving the Ocean Terminal i heard someone call my name and i turned to be greeted by Steven McNaught in uniform, we had a nice chat and it was great to see him again.

I look foward to Christmas onboard and thank all at Cunard (don`t forget shoreside staff) for a truely wonderful day.

Gavin.  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2010, 06:54 PM by Gav Boy »