Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Queen Victoria - General Discussion  (Read 47946 times)

Offline Chris Frame

Re: Queen Victoria
« Reply #60 on: Mar 16, 2010, 05:24 AM »
Check out QV dressed in Pink in Sydney for Breast Cancer Support:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/chriscunard/4436826525/

Some other photos from our QV cruise:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/chriscunard/sets/72157623698268328/
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010, 02:06 AM by Chris »

Offline andyh

« Reply #61 on: Apr 01, 2010, 08:16 PM »
That picture of the repaired damage to the stern of the ship looks as if it has been damaged again  :o or is it just a bad repair? ::)

Offline Twynkle

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

RmsAquitania

« Reply #63 on: Apr 02, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Isnt it amazing what can be achieved by calling a container ship queen victoria and painting cunard on the side ?

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #64 on: Apr 22, 2010, 09:20 AM »
More about the Couple who Sued.
Take a look at the headline -  it's the Echo that's confused!
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8112805.QM2_compensation_award_cut_to___12_000/

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010, 10:05 AM by Twynkle »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #65 on: Apr 23, 2010, 07:06 AM »
Despite her critics - you have to admit that QV looks pretty impressive in this shot:

« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2010, 07:27 AM by Chris »

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #66 on: Apr 23, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Well yes... however its taken with a wide angle lens, which flatters the ship, to put it mildly...
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #67 on: Apr 23, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Hi Chris..... yes she is very impressive and that is a beautiful picture of her.   If she were docked in the middle of a whole lot of other "white boxes" (as my late husband described them) she sure would stand out and everyone would know she was a Cunarder.......AWWW, come on now Rob !!

Linda

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #68 on: Apr 23, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I'm just stating a fact, QV does not look like that!  QV is the same length as QE2, and width, but MUCH taller.  Any photo that makes her look long and low, like that one does, is misleading!  She does look great in it, and its a great photo no question, but she doesn't look like that for real, I wish she did!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #69 on: Apr 23, 2010, 11:21 PM »
QV is definitely the best looking of all the vista sisters, in my opinion.  Her added length and the stepped down stern at least try to balance out her profile.  It would be nice if the funnel was more amidships, like the perfectly balanced QE2. The question will be how long until the refit where cabins are added to match QE at the stern.

QV is NOT like QE2.  QE2 was sheer beauty from every angle.  QV has some very unflattering photographic angles, particularily at the stern.  I also am not a fan of the fake sheerline painted in hull color to mimick QE2'as graceful sheer at the bow.
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

RmsAquitania

« Reply #70 on: Apr 24, 2010, 12:44 AM »
So sorry tosay this but she still looks a right minger to me !

Offline Stowaway2k

« Reply #71 on: Apr 24, 2010, 01:09 AM »

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #72 on: Apr 24, 2010, 01:16 AM »

Great photo Kyle.  How did you capture that?  Harbor taxi?  Or was that taken onboard a harbor cruise for the Three Queens in NYC? 
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Offline Stowaway2k

« Reply #73 on: Apr 24, 2010, 01:19 AM »
Great photo Kyle.  How did you capture that?  Harbor taxi?  Or was that taken onboard a harbor cruise for the Three Queens in NYC?  

Hi Ken,

Harbor Taxi.

cropped:

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2010, 01:27 AM by Stowaway2k »

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #74 on: Apr 24, 2010, 11:53 AM »
 Any photo that makes her look long and low, like that one does, is misleading!

Someone once said 'the camera doesn't lie' ;)

Seriously though, Rob is correct, QV is very bulky, as are all the Vista's. But, she does have some pleasing angles... That was one of them.

I don't think liking QE2 and QV are mutually exclusive. QE2 will always be my favourite however QV has her own personality that was very welcoming, despite her outward appearance. Calling QV names doesn't add anything to ones love for QE2 it simply makes the conversation in this thread less enjoyable.

Someone else once said "don't judge a book by it's cover" which, having been aboard I feel is apt in regards to QV.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010, 02:08 AM by Chris »

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #75 on: Apr 24, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Thank you Chris for your words of wisdom.... I heartily agree... Although QE2 will always be my favourite, she sails on in my memories and in my heart. but.....when the opportunity arises I will sail one day on QV and enjoy it.... Until then I now sail on QM2 and after 4 voyages and one coming up this July, I am growing to love her too.. i still feel a connection to QE2 when I am aboard QM2..... there are so many lovely pictures of QE2 hanging around the corridors of the ship.
Let's stop calling QV names, doing so doesn't honor the name of QE2.

Linda

Offline Michael Gallagher

« Reply #76 on: Apr 24, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Both QM2 and QV were in Southampton on Thursday. I went from QM2 to QV and I have to say that for some inexplicable reason QV feels longer and bigger than QM2 when walking alongside the quayside next to both of them. I can't explain why that should be the case. I thought it was perhaps because the black hull on QM2 is higher than on QV and QV seems to have more white superstructure......

Cruise_Princess

« Reply #77 on: Apr 24, 2010, 08:41 PM »
I think QM2 just looks llke a great big whale.....  and QV just like her dumpy wee sister.......

Whilst QE2 IS stunning, beautiful, elegant and faultless she didn't have a bad angle to be photographed from did she?

The  new Queens  just don't have any good angles in pics....there's either the big ugly face, the thick waist or the big bum,,,,,and no amount of airbrushing can make it better!!!  They look as though they have eaten all the pies...!!

QE2 kept fit and slim all of her life....it was effortless for her...no matter how hard the others 'work at it'...they will NEVER  catch her up!

It's all in the BREEDING!

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #78 on: Apr 25, 2010, 04:09 AM »
Both QM2 and QV were in Southampton on Thursday. I went from QM2 to QV and I have to say that for some inexplicable reason QV feels longer and bigger than QM2 when walking alongside the quayside next to both of them. I can't explain why that should be the case. I thought it was perhaps because the black hull on QM2 is higher than on QV and QV seems to have more white superstructure......

We also felt QV looked really BIG when alongside. Must say though, watching QM2 sail from Fremantle really did remind us just how massive she is!

Offline Matt

« Reply #79 on: Apr 25, 2010, 08:57 AM »
We also felt QV looked really BIG when alongside. Must say though, watching QM2 sail from Fremantle really did remind us just how massive she is!

I agree Chris! QV looked very big when she visited Fremantle on the 28th of Feb, but then 14 days later, i was absolutely astounded by the size of QM2, even in comparison to the QV! She is massive, gigantic, and colossal even!

Here is a little comparison between the two ships, with the passenger terminal building and a few other landmarks to size it with.

(Apologies for the lack of quality to the photos, i had to resize it significantly to fit!)
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2010, 08:59 AM by Matt »
Freo, Heave Ho! We are the Freo Dockers!