Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Elizabeth - Meet fellow members on board a future cruise  (Read 2052 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Use this topic if you would like to find out if any fellow members of TheQE2Story are travelling on a forthcoming QE Cruise, so that you can meet up and talk about your favourite Queen together on board.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010, 11:56 AM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline QueensFan

I'll be on the maiden WB winter crossing, 5-13 January 2011. 8)

Slow boat home...in tandem with another slow boat...at the least, it's two days further of not being at work/home! :-X
--- Greg

Offline andyh

We will be on the Maiden Voyage on the 12th October  :)  can't wait  ;D ;D ;D

Offline highlander0108

We're still booked on the maiden tandem crossing with QV.  Got the whole family going, dragging them along for my obsession. We have deck one cabins that will at least give us the feel of being closer to the water as we were on our Five Deck QE2 cruises.  ;D  The problem is that a QM2 round trip cruise out of NYC to the warm waters of the Carribean is very tempting and more appealing to kids, who frankly might be a bit bored on the TA.  Another plus is I will not have the added expense of one-way airfare to the UK.  But....when will we ba able to experience the maiden arrival of another Cunarder in NYC???
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Offline bswan

Re: Elizabeth - Meet fellow members on board a future cruise
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2010, 03:19 PM »
I am sailing from Sydney to Hong Kong on Feb 22nd on her which is very exciting.

Offline QE2 whistle

« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2010, 06:50 PM »
We've booked Elizabeth's Maiden Around Britain cruise.  A whole year to wait!  ::)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2010, 12:26 AM »
Looks like several Forum members will be on Elizabeth's maiden voyage -- and other voyages coming up soon.

Will you be bringing your "I love QE2" badges so as to be able to recognise each other instantly?

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2010, 01:14 AM »
I need to retract my earlier post.  I have cancelled my booking on the Maiden Transatlantic and substituted it with a QM2 trip at teh same time.  Although Cunard is billling this QE3 trip as the maiden transatlantic, one could argue that is stretching the truth a bit.  While it will be the first time the ship takes the Northerly route and arrives in NYC, there is that other round trip Christmas trip to the Caribbean from Southampton and back that occurs before that.  Last time I checked, that is still the Atlantic and you still cross it.  ;)

Anyway, I will get a glimpse of QE3 in NYC as QM2 arrives back from our Caribbean Calypso cruise at the same time for the three Queens Rendevous. 

I will need to stock up on some "I heart QE2 badges" though, if there are any left.......
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/