Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: I'd never have done that sober  (Read 2568 times)

Offline singlemalt

I'd never have done that sober
« on: Jan 28, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Come on, we've all been there  ;)
Wearer of swishy skirts and fab heels; otherwise known as the Cruise Director

Offline cunardqueen

Re: I'd never have done that sober
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:53 AM »
Single malt, l think we are being polite and allowing you to jump in first,
 I for one cant wait to hear of tales of the swishy skirt :) 
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Andy F

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009, 12:56 AM »
and for that matter, me also.  I've this recurring image of snow angels and window cleaners lol!
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Played shuffleboard at 2am with Ali and 2 glamorous old ladies under a clear moonlit sky as we stormed across the Med!  F A B
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Davina

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2009, 07:21 AM »
Had a dip in the jaccuzi at the wee hours of the morning on party cruise out of New York.............with who i wont say. ::) ::) ::)

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Mooned on the QE2 with some other passengers, it was very late, the drink had long since gone, and we thought we hadnt been noticed..... :o what on earth made us do it  l have have no idea :-[

Or joined the champagne club at 6am in the Jaccuzi with 4 other like minded souls, a nice way to start the day, bottle of bubby with the lido pavilion plastic mugs as we prepared to dock in some exotic port, of course a pre breakfast before the main breakfast and we were set for a good run ashore..

Offline QE2_MATTHEW

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2009, 11:03 PM »
Urm. Swinging round on a Yacht Club stool in the wee hours expressing how fun it was. Or not remembering having conversations with people but other people can. I think the cocktails had something to do with both incodents.
Im free...

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2009, 09:10 AM »
I think my answer is "not much" (or, if there is anything to report I don't remember!). The worst thing I can remember doing is inviting some friends to a drinks party but, as we'd been going to invite them anyway, it wasn't a big problem.

The best Captain's Cocktail party we ever went to was last September en route to New York as part of the Autumn Colours trip. The sea was quite choppy so a lot of people didn't make the reception. We've learnt that you didn't take the warm glass of PA that you were offered as you went in but instead find a steward to get you a proper drink. If you ordered a double then a double arrives (normally). We were introduced to McNaught and then started looking for a steward. Who should we see but a stewardess we had got to know on the World Cruise. She took our orders (a Laphroaig for Paul and a Bombay Sapphire for me) and went off to get our drinks.

A second steward came up and asked if we'd like drinks. When we said that we'd already ordered he said that if we told him what we wanted he'd bring us the drinks later on in the party.

A third steward turned up with a round of drinks for us. We assumed that these were the first set that we'd ordered. They weren't! The stewardess we knew arrived with our drinks shortly afterwards. Shortly after that, before we'd even finished the first round the second steward was there with our third round!

Then the stewardess we knew turned up with another round for us and the second steward brought our fifth round! Remember that these were all at least doubles (we suspect the later ones were more like quads).

I didn't quite manage to finish all mine; Paul finished all his though. We managed without wine at dinner that night!

Offline Scott Ebersold

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2009, 07:58 PM »
I followed my waiter's instructions to the the Pig n Whistle, which were:

Change from you tux to jeans and a T-shirt.  Go down the A stairwell as far as you can go, walk forward on Starboard side, open the door on the left marked "Crew Only", go up the stairs, down the stairs, be careful not to pass an officer as you go past the fo'c'sle bar, go down the stairs further and follow the music.

Well, I did that. 

But before I did that I opened the door on the right (instead of the left) and found a crew member and a passenger in flagrante delicto.  I stopped dead in my tracks.  My friends behind me all piled up at my back.  I politely closed the door apologizing profusely.  And promptly searched out that door on the left!

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:12 PM »
While this topic maybe over 2 years old, lets have a revisit of it ,while the past may come back to haunt us, lets hear your tale of something perhaps with hindsight that wasnt such a good idea at the time...Not that lm saying  these posts are something we perhaps regret, its just that with better timing it might have been better.
Drink does not have to be involved..
I can imagine the crew would have a field day with this topic..*
As Singlemalt says

Come on, we've all been there   

*Mods.. any need to have a disclaimer in this topic... ;)

Offline Rod

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Just left NY, got off the 8-12, got "accosted" by a lady, who possibly had a little too much of the sailaway stuff, I got to know her better in number 17 lifeboat!