Author Topic: Floating hotel for the Thames  (Read 1489 times)

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

Floating hotel for the Thames
« on: Jun 09, 2010, 03:12 PM »
http://www.luxuo.com/hotel/largest-floating-hotel-aquiva.html

I hope they change their mind and let QE2 come to the Thames instead. This could fall through and the owners might let QE2 go instead?
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010, 03:16 PM by RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 »

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Re: Floating hotel for the Thames
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Interesting concept; but I note the date of the report and that nothing seems to have been sais since.

Just a few things wrong with the design though.  It needs to be a lot longer and about twice as wide.  The hull needs to be painted in black to contrast with the white superstructure.  It needs an open deck to walk round to observe things properly, including a platform under the bridge.  There needs to be a pool / twin Jacuzzi area at the stern and a large open deck at the top for sunbathing and sports ( protected with a discrete netting ).  And finally, the design needs to be balanced by the addition of a large red and black funnel offset by a thick white mast a bit further forwards... ;)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Bob C.

Re: Floating hotel for the Thames
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Expand, expand!!!  Add QE2 to that island and you have double the attraction - mega-yacht owner wannabe's and the rich, proud heritage of British shipbuilding and ocean liner lineage - the past and the present all rolled into one.

I'd go and would even stay in a 5 Deck inside stateroom and may consider lunching on the other vessel. 

Hey, Nakheel!  Are you reading this?  Here is your way out!  Take advantage of it now.