Author Topic: Constructing the Staircases  (Read 13799 times)

Online Bob C.

Re: Constructing the Staircases
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 09:51 PM »
This arrangement with a thin dividing wall where the centre bannister is - it would have been a bit of a squeeze
specially for those after a few many-course dinners!

Not to mention how many times you would want to use E but end up on wrong side of the wall for your class.  Given my experience, it would be around 100% of the time.

It's also interesting that I just now realized - the lift I was "stuck" at age 6 was lift No. 13 - hmmm... 
You can read the story here - https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,64.msg334.html#msg334
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:55 PM by Bob C. »

Online Bob C.

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16 PM »
Stairway C it is.  I agree Flagship.

Then again...

I think I might change my mind.  I'd go back to Stariway B but the stairs seem to go in the wrong direction for the orientation of Isabelle's photo.  In other words the stairs in this picture go down from left to right and one cannot orient a camera to get the same picture on B unless the photo is reversed since B's stairs go down from right to left.  Again, look at the stairway photos here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/33120597@N03/sets/72157610831811386/

The only other logical conclusion since A, D, E, F and G have the metal rail extensions is that Isabelle's photo is of Stariway H which I think it very well may be.

The photos at the above link only go up to 3 deck.  Does anyone have pictures of Stariway H at the top on 1 Deck?

Yeah, I know...I'm obsessing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:28 PM by Bob C. »

Offline Michael Gallagher

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Bob - I'm sticking with C. Below is a photo of the top of Stairway B. It just doesn't match. Plus look at the aluminium rail in the other picture - that is angled when the aluminium rail on B would be horizontal when veiwed from the same angle.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Just for good measure - Here's another taken at the top of of Stairway B
No sign of it other than a disappearing carpet!
However, Mr Duffy's room is here too.
Thanks to Pia

https://www.flickr.com/photos/piasosua/3057619270/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:29 PM by Twynkle »

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Bob - stairway H at the top of One Deck as requested.

Online Bob C.

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 03:54 AM »
Flagship,
    I'm still obsessing over this photo. Do you have a picture of the top of Stairway C?

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 11:44 PM »
There was one stairway which was quite narrow, and I could find it going down to 5 deck, but whenever I wanted to go up, I could not discover it as it was hidden around a corner somewhere. (I swear she was laughing at me trying to find it) But what stairway could it have been.
Once I have finished all my assignments, I will dig up my deck plans and try to work it out. Sorry I have no stairway pix, did not think to take them.

« Reply #37 on: Jun 01, 2010, 09:49 AM »
The stairway down to Five Deck you mention sounds like it was D Stairway which did break into seperate staircases from Four to Five Decks.

Online Bob C.

« Reply #38 on: Aug 31, 2010, 03:08 AM »
Forgotten which of the minor stairways this was, but I have a July 2008 photo showing the orange plastic re-appearing beneath the paint :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/prondis_in_kenya/2702725689/

Thanks to Flagship and his stairway collection, my obsession is over.  Isabelle's photo was taken at the top of C Stairway on 1 Deck.  See the second photo on this thread for a wider view of the area Isabelle shot with her camera - https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2313.0.html.

Offline Trevor Harris

« Reply #39 on: Aug 29, 2017, 04:53 AM »
I would love to see these panels restored to as is. Along with the carpeting etc. I have a problem with the green and the pink/red/fuchsia carpeting..
Enjoyer of classic cinema, literature, and music.

Online Bob C.

« Reply #40 on: Aug 29, 2017, 09:30 PM »
I would love to see these panels restored to as is. Along with the carpeting etc. I have a problem with the green and the pink/red/fuchsia carpeting..

Here, here Trevor.  Not my cup of tea either.  The originals are still my favorite.

Offline Trevor Harris

« Reply #41 on: Aug 29, 2017, 10:32 PM »
Here, here Trevor.  Not my cup of tea either.  The originals are still my favorite.

Kinda clashes.. but that's what made her "unique" per say!
Enjoyer of classic cinema, literature, and music.