Author Topic: What do you miss ?  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Cruisemarsh

Re: What do you miss ?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2010, 11:40 PM »
I also miss having a nice soft drink in the Yacht Club after a show and just relaxing and knowing that I was on a great ship.
Queen Elizabeth 2: Legendary Grand Dame of the Seas.

RmsAquitania

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Having just come off a nearly new big plastic ship and surviving a near the end of it all experience, I miss being on a safe, properly run and navigated ship, where you never had to worry about your safety ! Bring her back PLEASE

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Having just come off a nearly new big plastic ship and surviving a near the end of it all experience, I miss being on a safe, properly run and navigated ship, where you never had to worry about your safety ! Bring her back PLEASE

What on earth happened to you Andy?!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

RmsAquitania

« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2010, 10:52 PM »
On a very large modern ship last week while entering  tunis in perfect weather, no wind, no swell, blazing sun infact ideal conditions ship suddenly took a sharp turn to starboard (i think) then kept  leaning to starboard the swimming pools emptied along with the swimmers, and for us lucky ones leaning against the huge glass windows, you could see the sea getting closser and closser, acording to an ex navy man who was in his cabin at the time she went over 30 degrees some senior crew said it was closeer to 40. All I know it was impossible to move or climb the angle of the deck. worst thing was there were people so terrified, they were phoning their famillies to say goodbye  it stayed at this alarming agle for quite along time and all through this no announcement or explanation from the bridge ! Thats only the very shortest version doesnt really paint the picture clearly but, its taking too much space up on here as it is. Sorry to drone on .

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #19 on: Apr 18, 2010, 11:14 PM »
Andy - So good that you made it back here!
Sounds as if would have been simply terrifying, even with announcements.
By the way - that was no droning on!

Tell us more, if you can bear to!
Did you discover what caused such a serious event?

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #20 on: Apr 18, 2010, 11:15 PM »
May one enquire as to what the name of the offending vessel was?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #21 on: Apr 18, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Its the lack of no word from the bridge l wouldnt like, You really need to keep the passengers informed to avoid panic, but it does sound frightning ! 
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Near miss with the Pride of Kent (15 December 2007)

Started by pete cainBoard The 2000s

Replies: 9
Views: 4526
Last post Dec 15, 2021, 09:13 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Oct 1988 QE2 near miss on the Solent

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard The 1980s

Replies: 2
Views: 1245
Last post Oct 28, 2022, 10:57 PM
by cunardqueen