Author Topic: Unconventional / artistic QE2 photographs  (Read 1821 times)

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Unconventional / artistic QE2 photographs
« on: Apr 06, 2010, 11:47 PM »
When one has many, many, conventional photographs of QE2 the scope arises to be a bit more creative; here is one I did on 12th October 2007 from Hythe Pier - which required very careful planning; bear in mind I do not do digital photography so I could not use the "machine gun photography" technique on this.  I had literally just one shot at it and it absolutely had to line up perfectly with the Cunard logo square in the middle of the train shed arch for the picture to work...  :)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
Re: Unconventional / artistic QE2 photographs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2010, 11:52 PM »
...and here is one I took immediately afterwards, lining up QE2's forward proportions to the angle of the train shed roof above and the railings below.
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Cruisemarsh

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2010, 11:35 PM »
Very nice Peter. Always nice to see photos of the QE2 from different angles.  :)
Queen Elizabeth 2: Legendary Grand Dame of the Seas.

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2010, 12:03 AM »
Thank you. :)

I am hoping that others will post up similar experiments - as long as the pictures worked, of course!

I do actually have a 3rd one from the same date but I think QE2 would show up a bit too small when it's reduced to fit the forum limits, so I haven't posted it.  It shows her in the left background with the Hythe Pier train in the centre foreground, taken from the promenade outside the large pub / restaurant next to the pier at Hythe.