Author Topic: Songs that make us think & dream of QE2  (Read 46637 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: Songs that make us think & dream of QE2
« Reply #90 on: Apr 02, 2015, 08:30 PM »
Ok its not a song, but any time l hear Whickers World theme tune l can and only think of QE2....

[/url]
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Bruce Nicholls

« Reply #91 on: Apr 02, 2015, 11:06 PM »
Not a song again but anything sung by Anthony Newley as he gave a great performance on my only voyage.

Offline Brandon Sterkel

« Reply #92 on: Apr 03, 2015, 05:39 AM »
That is a nice tune Myles! It got stuck in my head for a while!
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #93 on: Apr 07, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Dougie MacLean's "Caledonia" - used a royalty free version for a video I compiled of her after she left her river for the last time. Most of the footage was actually taken during her 2007 visit but the sentiment is the same.

Must try to get it onto YouTube or similar then link to here - see if you guys on here agree!!

Offline Tony

• QE2 Crew member
  • Mauretania Diner (Early sitting)
  • Photog, 1976 and 1987

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #95 on: Sep 20, 2015, 09:22 PM »
Thank-you so much for reminding us about this really funny video, which was so apt on a day when we remember when she was launched and see how she looks today, in the recent video clips from Dubai.  Your post was just what we need to remember the good times. 

I hope you do not mind that I have moved your post to this topic where the video was previously mentioned. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

« Reply #96 on: Mar 15, 2016, 09:27 PM »
 Just revisited this topic , found playing this in the background whilst watching -slowly- the latest images from Louis & his friends quite moving.    http://. Oh Castaway , let's never forget , that's what Carnivor did to her

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #97 on: Mar 15, 2016, 09:53 PM »
Frank Sinatra and New York,New York it was always a belter of a tune as you sailed down (or up) the Hudson

Not a valid youtube URL  [/youtube]

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #98 on: Mar 16, 2016, 12:56 PM »
Just revisited this topic , found playing this in the background whilst watching -slowly- the latest images from Louis & his friends quite moving.    http://. Oh Castaway , let's never forget , that's what Carnivor did to her

Pete - Thanks for posting this soundtrack which is indeed very moving.  And I am totally in agreement with your sentiments !  June 
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #99 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:23 PM »
And then, there was "Catch a falling star"... We caught this piece several times last September, out of the well hidden loudspeakers in the Midships Lobby (quite possibly for the benefit of the cleaning crew). Somehow, it matched our mood -- we knew that our moments on QE2 were few and precious, each of them like a falling star!

That song came back to me today, as this is the season of the Perseid Showers. Maybe we could all watch out for the falling stars, today and tomorrow, and still for a few days after that, making a wish for QE2 -- she needs it!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #100 on: Aug 12, 2016, 01:38 PM »
Hi Isabelle
'Funnily enough'
I was watching out for the Perseid Shower last night - Just one solitary star shooting at unbelievably fast speed across from NE to SW,  at midnight last night - and I was thinking exactly the same thing too!

Also - the night before last I dreamt of QE2 - an extremely rare event, and I can remember feeling absolutely delighted - our cabin had a big window as well as a porthole!! It was in the same deepish sort of 'apricot' colours as the cabin that Rob had taken a photo of on his last trip (3 Deck, I reckoned!). The carpets felt the same underfoot, it was all so comfortable - including the chairs along the covered promenade alongside the Queens Room - the only difficulty was trying to identify where our cabin was from outside - looking at the hull!
Good Luck with clear skies tonight!
Rosie.

PS - Just wondering whether some of the QE2 Crew members have dreams about QE2 too....!

(I'm fairly certain there is a Dreaming about QE2 Topic - I'm sorry as this probably belongs there too!)
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2016, 01:40 PM by Twynkle »

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #101 on: Aug 12, 2016, 06:30 PM »
In my younger days my Great Granny played the organ and her piece was Y Viva Espana, dont ask me why she played it, but play it she did, with gutso.

Fast forward to 6th October 1988. Im on the boat deck edging away from the berth, and crackling over the tannoy comes the same tune..and off we sailed to Spain, Ibiza, Cannes, Barcelona Gib and Lisbon.A 9 day cruise. We battled  storms that night leaving the berth, Nearly grounded on the IOW and the 2nd night l was out on deck late at night experiencing the unusual sensation of hot weather at night, next day we anchored in Ibiza and l went   ashore with an officer for a beer in for me what was extreme heat .It was for me a very special cruise ..and a long association with the Hotel Managers Table and all at 19 years old.

Not a valid youtube URL [/youtube]

« Reply #102 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:01 PM »
Those were the days... now remind me of QE2 :

Mary Hopkins 1968 -- just one year before QE2 set sail for the first time!

« Reply #103 on: Jun 15, 2021, 10:58 PM »
Those were the days... now remind me of QE2 :

Mary Hopkins 1968 -- just one year before QE2 set sail for the first time!

I was about to add this to the list... then saw that I had already had that thought, a while back :) .

Songs of Praise on the QE2

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard The 1990s

Replies: 27
Views: 8907
Last post Jul 14, 2022, 10:08 AM
by Lynda Bradford