Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: QE2 Postcards  (Read 10376 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 Postcards
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Ships of the Forth No 18

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:57 PM »
showing QE2 in Zebrugge 21/06/96 Simplon postcards
Bottom
QE2 Berthed on the river Mersey World ship series two (l know it says berthed, but thats what it says) Maxcards

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Rob the whole card doesnt look right, its measures 21 x 11 cms the hull looks to be very clean at the bow, no sign of any anchors. Might it be one of the images used for the general postcards but slightly "doctored" or even is it one that was flipped?

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Post Nos. 16 and 18

Bought onboard 2007 from the Travellers Cove

Myles - Cunard has left her there without her Warwick Crest!

By Riverside Inverclyde. Development company

Er - She hasn't got any anchor - or nostrils and she's still got her tenders hanging over the edge
(No offence meant here, you understand!)
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2010, 09:25 PM by Twynkle »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Bob C.

« Reply #24 on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:40 PM »
showing QE2 in Zebrugge 21/06/96 Simplon postcards
Bottom
QE2 Berthed on the river Mersey World ship series two (l know it says berthed, but thats what it says) Maxcards

(Image removed from quote.)

Love the top photo.  The speed stripe really enhanced her look.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #25 on: Mar 23, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Bought onboard in 2007

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #26 on: Apr 13, 2010, 05:54 PM »
Not a Postcard - More a way of dating them!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/vmorley/QE2data.htm

There are cards for sale on this site, too.

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Avariel

« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2010, 06:51 PM »

Anyone posted that postcard yet?

Bought that postcard at the post office near my student hostel in Perth, Australia.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2013, 08:57 PM »
This topic shows some of the postcards of QE2 over the years.  But have we got more that we can add?  :)

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Waverley

« Reply #29 on: Mar 09, 2019, 11:54 PM »
Found these two postcards when looking for something else. Just wondering if there were any other QE2 cartoon postcards for sale in the shop?

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 11, 2019, 09:36 PM »
I remember the bottom one from onboard! Great fun!
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Offline Waverley

« Reply #31 on: Mar 12, 2019, 11:53 AM »
Found another postcard. Written on the back is that our cabin was the porthole under the red letter D of Cunard.
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2019, 11:56 AM by Waverley »
Robert

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #32 on: Mar 12, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Found another postcard. Written on the back is that our cabin was the porthole under the red letter D of Cunard.

Was that your cabin location in July 2008, Waverley? If so our cabin (3005 - one of the most forward of passenger cabins on Three Deck) was in the same rough area onboard (forward on the starboard side) but would've been the last deck painted in Federal Grey. Small world yet again if so!
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Offline Waverley

« Reply #33 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:18 PM »
Thomas. In July 2008 we were on deck 2. We had two cabins, one was an inside cabin no 2009 and the other one with the porthole was 2007.
Looks like we were in the same area but only one deck higher up. Always a long walk back to the cabin each evening usually all the way back from the lido.
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2019, 08:26 PM by Waverley »
Robert

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #34 on: Mar 12, 2019, 11:05 PM »
Thomas. In July 2008 we were on deck 2. We had two cabins, one was an inside cabin no 2009 and the other one with the porthole was 2007.
Looks like we were in the same area but only one deck higher up. Always a long walk back to the cabin each evening usually all the way back from the lido.

Indeed we were only a deck away in the same area! (port side has even numbers and starboard side odd numbers). 3005 was the biggest cabin we ever had as a family of three!

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #35 on: Apr 05, 2019, 11:25 PM »
My wife and I are currently enjoying a week in Madeira and today while browsing around the giftshop at The Botanical Gardens we came across two postcards featuring QE2. One was a quartered pc with two identical photos of QE2 berthed on the mole, while the other was a similar shot but with a cable car partially obstructing QE2! I bought the latter and will scan and post it once I get home. Interesting that they still sell postcards with QE2 on despite her being 'out of service' for over 10 years.

As a Cunard aside, in port for the last two days has been HALs Prinsendam, formally Seabourn Sun/ Royal Viking Sun. We sat on our balcony and watched, possibly for ouyr last time,  as she sailed off south towards Tenerife. RVS was the first ship my children sailed on and still, 22 years later, still remember that trip from Plymouth to Venice with much affection!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #36 on: Apr 06, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Hope you are enjoying your stay in Madeira -  what a good find to get the postcard with QE2!

[quote author=Andy Holloway link=topic=1563.msg103300#msg103300 date=1554503105

As a Cunard aside, in port for the last two days has been HALs Prinsendam, formally Seabourn Sun/ Royal Viking Sun. We sat on our balcony and watched, possibly for ouyr last time,  as she sailed off south towards Tenerife. RVS was the first ship my children sailed on and still, 22 years later, still remember that trip from Plymouth to Venice with much affection!
[/quote]

Fantastic that the Prinsendam was in port.  You had added some wonderful recollections about your time on the ship on the topic on MV Prinsendam (ex Royal Viking Sun) that I had remembered reading and after reading this post I went back to read the topic again. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #37 on: Apr 06, 2019, 11:05 AM »
I must admit to having a real soft spot for the old RVS, I was 'bag man' for a couple of years when I first joined Cunard so would do 6 weeks on Vista, then transfer to RVS for 6 weeks as relief for permanant the Security Officers, before taking my leave, then back onto the 'roundabout for another 18 weeks cycle.
Vista was a bit more formal than RVS, which also being more modern had slightly better crew facilities, plus a much, much bigger SO cabin!

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #38 on: Apr 15, 2019, 06:41 PM »
As promised, a scan of the Madeira postcard 'featuring' QE2.

I can't see anything obvious to date the card but it's possibly at least 13/15 years old. However, in another shop, we saw brand new packs of this card being put out on the stand, so it's still in print!!

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #39 on: Apr 21, 2019, 05:28 PM »
As promised, a scan of the Madeira postcard 'featuring' QE2.

I can't see anything obvious to date the card but it's possibly at least 13/15 years old. However, in another shop, we saw brand new packs of this card being put out on the stand, so it's still in print!!

Between late 1999 and mid 2004 given her mostly final configuration - the return to traditional livery but before the addition of the A/C (or HVAC?) box in the "for cruising" refit.