Author Topic: QE2 Deckplans  (Read 18368 times)

Marshall

Re: QE2 Deckplans
« Reply #40 on: Jun 06, 2010, 04:27 PM »
I have the QE2 deck arrangements from 1970, I will be scanning these in as caemera dosent sure the detail that well lol and also the cunard site wont recognise hits from this websiet they will only recgnise ip address from the computer in which is accesing there site

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #41 on: Jun 07, 2010, 05:14 PM »
also the cunard site wont recognise hits from this websiet they will only recgnise ip address from the computer in which is accesing there site

Thats not true - any website owner can see what the 'referring site' is.  However I suspect in reality it will be a drop in the ocean for Cunard's website and nobody would notice, let alone care!
Passionate about QE2 for over 30 years.

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #42 on: Jun 17, 2012, 03:01 PM »
I think it,s time that all historic ships be preserved in this manner.  How fun and interesting it would it be to stroll the decks of the three Queens again as well as all the "ia's" and "ic's" and other lines.

Come on Cunard/Carnival show show pride in your line's history and start publishing these sorts of virtual tours in interactive form!  The technology and ability is here and available.

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #43 on: Apr 05, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Does anyone have any plans that show the full six deck and seven deck (the crew areas)?
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #44 on: Apr 06, 2014, 02:48 PM »
Try the Chief Engineer's Shop on this webpage:  http://rmsqueenelizabeth2.com/bridge.html

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #45 on: Apr 06, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Try the Chief Engineer's Shop on this webpage:  http://rmsqueenelizabeth2.com/bridge.html

Thanks, they are fascinating. I never knew there was a Crew Cinema!
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline Graham Taylor

« Reply #46 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:04 AM »
Yes, during my time after the 87 refit films were shown in the crew library 1 deck forward by the crew mess. I believe in later years the mess itself was set up with a projector.
Hotel Officer/Purser 1987-1992

FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/Graham.Malcolm.Taylor
TWITTER - www.twitter.com/GrahamTaylorUK

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #47 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:47 AM »
Interesting! I always find something new out about the QE2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #48 on: Apr 07, 2014, 08:38 AM »
Knowing that pictures can bring deck plans to life you may want to have a look at the Gallery.  George C Griffiths has posted some good photos of the Officer and Crew areas, including the library and computer centre taken before the ship was decommissioned.
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=19
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #49 on: Apr 07, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Thanks Lynda - It's great to see what it is like behind the scenes!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #50 on: Apr 21, 2015, 03:15 PM »
From the Current Cunard QE2 Heritage Page:
"The QE2 is our flagship vessel, she embodies the essence of British heritage and all that is Cunard," said Deborah Nathansohn, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing for Cunard Line. "With more than 160 years of tradition it is important that we retain that all-but-vanished experience that defines luxury ocean travel. We are preserving a piece of history that is the foundation for what has become the explosive growth of the cruise market."

Much of the Heritage section was created for the original Cunard Webiste. You can see the original page here: http://web.archive.org/web/19990125094541/http://www.cunardline.com/

You can also see much of the Heritage page here: http://web.archive.org/web/19990429013733/www.cunardline.com/OUTPUT/cunfirst.htm - although the Fleet doesn't work.

QE2's current Fleet page was last updated in 1999 and then in 2008 had the retirement part tacked on the end. It still details the 1999 refit, as if that was the only significant occurrence in the past decade.
http://www.cunard.com/en-au/About-Cunard-Line/Cunard-Heritage/The-Fleet/Queen-Elizabeth-2/

I also think the heritage page should not crop off QM2's funnel, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed Rob, very sad that QE2's Virtual Tour is gone.

Also, strictly from an SEO point of view, it may be risky to delete all the QE2 pages as they'll now lose all their Google searches for QE2 and thus lose traffic. Sure, QE2 is gone - but Cunard could benefit from web traffic generated by her?

Hi Chris,
Sorry to find that links on the Cunard pages that were once patent, are now 'extinct'.
There are now several pages, for example the FAQs etc that are showing a 404 error code
Their website is behaving quite strangely at the moment!
Hopefully, someone in Cunard can re-instate them - any chance that you might give them a nudge?
Rosie
QE2 has been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 9 whole years... she seriously needs to be earning her keep....

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #51 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:39 PM »
If you're looking for the QE2's deck plans online and can't find them I've put them up on my website in a light-box presentation for ongoing use by all QE2 enthusiasts.

http://www.chriscunard.com/qe2_deckplans.php

I am sure all of you have many editions in various brochures tho!

Hi Chris
Please - would it be possible for you to name / number the decks in the Lightbox - and if possible, add a profile of QE2 with indicators as to where the decks are on a profile / silhouette?
Many thanks
Rosie
QE2 has been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 9 whole years... she seriously needs to be earning her keep....

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #52 on: Jan 15, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Hi!
Please would it be possible to have a designated page for a labelled copy of the Deck Plans  (for reference), and perhaps repeated on Rob's website too?
Cunard have finished with their great QE2 Heritage page, Chris Frame's pages aren't available as named decks, and Richard C's excellent website Elettra requires additional programme to make it work...

The best would be the ship's profile /silhouette, with names of each deck, horizontally - and then plans of each individual deck.

Thank you!

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #53 on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:17 PM »
Hi!
Please would it be possible to have a designated page for a labelled copy of the Deck Plans  (for reference), and perhaps repeated on Rob's website too?
Cunard have finished with their great QE2 Heritage page, Chris Frame's pages aren't available as named decks, and Richard C's excellent website Elettra requires additional programme to make it work...

The best would be the ship's profile /silhouette, with names of each deck, horizontally - and then plans of each individual deck.

Thank you!

Richard C is a talent web designer.  Its someone like that who is needed to do what you're asking.  I'm currently looking for someone to help with a revamp of this website, and am struggling.  I understand the mechanics of the site, but need a designer to make it look good and modern, fit for 2017, and for mobile devices.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #54 on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:53 PM »
Thank you, Rob
This website has been superb - is it Really necessary to do a complete root and branch job on it?
You will have good ideas, take this one and your website, for starters...maybe a tweak here and there would be enough?
It the simplicity, and character of QE2 that everyone members and that is so well replicated here - QE2 wouldn't really do 'change for changes sake' - she's evidently resisting it at the moment, Big Time!

I was thinking 'something simple' - like a deck plans from a scanned brochure.
Trouble is, I don't have a Brochure!

So pleased for you that the Event's well and truly launched too

Cheers
Rosie

Offline Chris

« Reply #55 on: Jan 29, 2017, 09:38 PM »
I've just moved my website over to a Wordpress responsive site and the deck plans are playing up a little bit. I'll get it fixed so they're labelled asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #56 on: Jan 30, 2017, 12:52 AM »
Does anyone have any plans that show the full six deck and seven deck (the crew areas)?   
Yes but there are 5 sheets in the complete set. and each sheet measures a whopping 5 ft x 3 ft It does however show great detail
But taking themout you need space and t i m e to look at them.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #57 on: Jan 30, 2017, 10:35 AM »
But taking them out you need space and time to look at them.

I scanned my plans (a small area at a time). Then I electronically stitched all the bits together so that I could take them onboard with me. I still carry them on my phone - although they're small you can zoom them to see just the bit you wanted. They were indispensable when it came to finding out what was behind a certain partition or what something was before it was redeveloped.

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #58 on: Jan 30, 2017, 01:31 PM »

I scanned my plans (a small area at a time). Then I electronically stitched all the bits together so that I could take them onboard with me. I still carry them on my phone - although they're small you can zoom them to see just the bit you wanted. They were indispensable when it came to finding out what was behind a certain partition or what something was before it was redeveloped.

That's what I needed in Dubai in 2011!  Especially the highly confusing crew areas.

Offline Davina

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
« Reply #59 on: Jan 30, 2017, 02:47 PM »

That's what I needed in Dubai in 2011!  Especially the highly confusing crew areas.

Remember getting lost in those crew areas on my first days after that it was a piece of cake

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #60 on: Feb 16, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Isabelle, your coloured deck plans are excellent,
unfortunately though - and I'm sorry to trouble you as  I can't find the page!
I just wonder whether there is an actual plan of One Deck as well as the Signal Deck etc?
It would be helpful if they could be given their own Topic - and then placed in an obvious situation!
Many thanks
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2017, 04:55 PM by Twynkle »

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #61 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:21 PM »
I rather like this site, which has all the decks on one page together :

http://www.ivoya.com/luxury_cruises/cunard/information/QE2_Queens_Grill_and_Priincess_Grill.htm

Rosie, the above site still works (and I hope it will continue to do so!). You just need to click on :

"Full QE2 Passenger Deck Plans", which takes you here :

http://www.ivoya.com/luxury_cruises/cunard/information/qe2_deck_plans_and_categories_queens_grill.htm

Even the square footages of the cabins are listed... just in case we want to remember those cabins we stayed in...

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #62 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:49 PM »
  "Full QE2 Passenger Deck Plans", which takes you here :

http://www.ivoya.com/luxury_cruises/cunard/information/qe2_deck_plans_and_categories_queens_grill.htm

Even the square footages of the cabins are listed... just in case we want to remember those cabins we stayed in...

Otherwise used to be known as Deluxe cruises.
Those of us solo travellers in the good old days had this to hand when we listed our choice of cabins in order of preference . On the early booking day when bookings opened up, there was always that anxious wait till you go the call that you had your cabin. 
A good agent got you single cabin and a really good agent got you your cabin that you wanted. On the final crossings Stefan had a cocktail party for his customers, after many years l got a chance to put a face to the voice. he used to work on QE2 and confided on this trip he was dining in all the restaurants on the crossings.
Its fair to say iv never used that company since my last Cunard booking. 
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Ideal QE2 Dubai Deckplans

Started by ChrisBoard Discussions about QE2 after Cunard

Replies: 9
Views: 4003
Last post Jan 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
by Chris