Author Topic: Is the Queen Mary Haunted?  (Read 9500 times)

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

Is the Queen Mary Haunted?
« on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:08 AM »
I found this tape where it shows Queen Mary appearing on Most Haunted. You can imagine the size of her. She is just enormous.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2011, 12:17 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Jeff Taylor

Re: Is the Queen Mary haunted?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Not sure I believe this, but my wife and I have spent two nights on QM in her hotel venue, and she swears she stayed up all night hearing and seeing things.  As I said, I can't confirm, but then again I could sleep through a hurricane.

RMS Lozzy

Re: Is the Queen Mary haunted?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2011, 12:00 AM »
I had a ghostly experience on the Queen Mary, I still remember it as clear as anything.  Im guessing most of you know about the ghost girl on the QM.  We were visting the ship for the first time when she was owned by Disney and we were on the ghost tour which scared me silly and mum had to take me out of the tour because I was only young at the time and I was scared out of my wits!!

But my ghosty experience actually occured during the tour as we were moving rooms.  I think it was as we were leaving the pool room and I was at the end of the group, when I herd the little girl running up behind me, her feet banging on the metal floor, and she was giggling.  But when I turned round to see her, there was nobody behind me.  Still gives me the shivers now thinking of it. 

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Is the Queen Mary Haunted?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2011, 10:22 AM »
I can understand how that memory would remain with you.  Experts say that ghosts of children appear to young people more often than adults.  I do not know the story of the ghost girl on the QM.  Was there a child who had died on the Queen Mary? 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Cruisemarsh

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:00 AM »
We did the ghost tour when we were on Queen Mary in 2002. The place I felt most uneasy was the swimming pool. It was very dimly lit and you could sense that there was a presence. Spooky.
Queen Elizabeth 2: Legendary Grand Dame of the Seas.

Offline Andy F

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2011, 10:55 PM »
While walking through shaft alley, Mrs F swore blind she felt someone tap her on the shoulder as she passed by door 13.  She was behind me and when she turned around, discovered there no-one around.  It wasn't until later that we learnt about the young engineer who tragically lost his life when he was crushed by the watertight door in this very same location.  She had no prior knowledge of this and to this day remains adamant of what happened.

Later that night, we were returning to our cabin when we heard heavy footsteps on the stairs behind us.  Believing someone was coming up behind us, we stopped and turned to let them past, only to find there was no-one there.

Some parts of the ship had a decidedly uneasy feel but that's true of many an old building/structure I've visited.  Whether it's purely heightened senses or something more sinister I don't know but then again, I'm not sure I want to...  :o

Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline Stowaway2k

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2011, 01:35 AM »
It wasn't until later that we learnt about the young engineer who tragically lost his life when he was crushed by the watertight door in this very same location.

Unfortunately for the "true believers" of the ghost-hunters, the actual location of this tragic accident didn't survive Queen Mary's Long Beach conversion.
The location that is now pointed out is simply a matter of convenience for keeping the story alive.  Tour guides have been known to use different locations.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Mercifully l havent as yet seen or been aware of any unusual encounters on the QM, ok perhaps the swimming pool at night time with the tour was perhaps a bit creepy, and maybe roaming the ship in the early hours when its quiet does give you a sensation, But lm quite sure lf l felt a tap on the shoulder or footsteps, l would be the first person on the quayside.... either that or you would probably have to pick me up of the deck.
Where l work is supposed to be haunted, and thought iv had two "encounters" both remain unexplained.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Andy F

« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Interesting Stowaway 2K and thanks for that.  As I said, we were unaware of the (in)famous door 13 beforehand yet she remains adamant that someone or something tapped her on the shoulder that day and presumed someone had simply bumped into her from behind yet not so.  I also found the changing room area of the swimming pool particularly creepy but given they'd turned the lights out leaving us in total darkness then it's hardly surprising tbh. 

With senses heightened, it's very easy to draw conclusions that perhaps you wouldn't otherwise make but like Myles, IF I were to see something untoward then I don't think I'd hang about either!   Were these ghostly encounters?  Who knows and I'm not sure I want to either BUT, and as I made a promise on this very Forum a few years back, IF there is such a thing as the afterlife then when my time finally comes to depart this earth, you can expect to find me back aboard QE2, where I shall be sat in a quiet corner of the Chart Room waiting for you...  ;)
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2015, 06:45 PM »
I struggle to find the words to express how much I disagree with this...
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Agreed, Rob !! 
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2015, 08:24 PM »
I'm just wondering how much money they dumped in this Ghost Hunter thing on the QM, that they could have used, for example to strengthen the pool.

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2015, 07:53 PM »
Their tweets today are just appalling. They're completely undermining her. It's awful. In the public's mind for the rest of the year, she's just that tacky, scary old haunted ship that they do Halloween on.

She should be marketed as
Famous
Historic
Beautiful
Stylish
Luxurious
Great food
Great bars
Great events and conferences
Last of her kind in the entire world.
A proper, genuine museum that long beach should be incredibly proud to have.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Hank Hargrove

• Princess Grill Diner
  • Liner lover, Christ follower, and Okie.
    • Classic Ocean Liners
« Reply #13 on: Oct 22, 2015, 02:10 AM »
On the bright side, it would appear that some minor preservation work is going on in the hotel/convention center part of the ship. They really need to give the Queen Mary a good paint job, though.
SS United States forever.

The cross: The supreme symbol of love.

Offline Hank Hargrove

• Princess Grill Diner
  • Liner lover, Christ follower, and Okie.
    • Classic Ocean Liners
« Reply #14 on: Oct 22, 2015, 02:11 AM »
And to answer the question of the subject title, No.
SS United States forever.

The cross: The supreme symbol of love.

Queen Victoria - Iberian Serenade 11/11/12

Started by CAPBoard Past Events

Replies: 2
Views: 1800
Last post Oct 22, 2012, 08:00 PM
by LegendOfTheSeas
1964 Colour film of Southampton and Queen Elizabeth

Started by JemBoard RMS Queen Elizabeth (1940)

Replies: 1
Views: 2762
Last post Sep 07, 2010, 11:55 PM
by Peter Mugridge
Live from Queen Victoria, World Cruise 2014

Started by TwynkleBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 8
Views: 5005
Last post Sep 01, 2014, 04:13 PM
by Twynkle
Maiden voyage of Queen Anne

Started by andyhBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 1
Views: 350
Last post Dec 22, 2022, 01:51 PM
by Barumfox
Queen Victoria / Former QE2 Staff

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 0
Views: 901
Last post Oct 04, 2020, 02:30 PM
by Rob Lightbody