Author Topic: Volunteers Required - Submit your QE2 Story for the website !  (Read 56305 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Volunteers Required
« Reply #45 on: Aug 15, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Thanks Fraser, your story will be an interesting addition to the Front page "Features" section

To assist Rob I have copied the relevant post from your introduction "Fraser Ballantyne's Introduction to QE2" to combine the posts and tidy up. 

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,3714.0.html

Please forward any photos you would like us to add to Admin@theqe2story.com

Cheers Lynda
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline PaulInuk

Re: Volunteers Required - Submit your QE2 Story for the website !
« Reply #46 on: Jan 23, 2015, 10:57 AM »
Hi , just got email while was sorting out 93 94 and autum colours 2008 ephemera out , autum colours I kept everything.world cruise , well knowing what know I would have kept  everything would have filled a suitcase, I still have the passenger lists2 books, some are j p rosenbergdavid sc scripps madam? Melisa d scrippsshe never spoke to me david did, the ice cream man, have senior officer list at frontwoodall , ward owen, andrew graham too right bloo, beat hofer, I could go on about the 16 weeks, big chunk of my life pity I never found what I wanted

Offline PaulInuk

« Reply #47 on: Feb 20, 2016, 03:26 PM »
Whats happend on this lately,
paul

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #48 on: Feb 20, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Whats happend on this lately,

You can see members "QE2 stories" on front page (left side)
http://www.theqe2story.com

I have still to add my story but keep getting caught up with other work. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Ben Zabulis

« Reply #49 on: Aug 27, 2020, 05:09 AM »
Hi Rob,
Apologies, I didn't notice this thread until after I'd posted my Hong Kong story yesterday. If it can be added in the manner/format you suggest that would be great too - let me know if that's okay and what input you would need from me. Happy to help, cheers for now, Ben

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #50 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:56 AM »
Hi Rob,
Apologies, I didn't notice this thread until after I'd posted my Hong Kong story yesterday. If it can be added in the manner/format you suggest that would be great too - let me know if that's okay and what input you would need from me. Happy to help, cheers for now, Ben

Hello Ben,
Yes, it will be brilliant to have your QE2 story! Have you found the other stories, at the link above (see Lynda's contribution)? You could get inspired by those.

What we need is the story of how the QE2 was part of your life, with a few relevant photographs. You could send all this to the admin@theqe2story.com email address, and Rob will format the story and pictures and upload it. You could also get in touch with us at the admin address in case of any questions, and we shall respond as best we can.

Looking forward to reading your story (and Jasper's!).

Offline Vincent Scriven

• The Good Times
  • QE2 Crew member
  • Lido Diner
  • My Dear Brother Tony Spec Cook
« Reply #51 on: Sep 02, 2020, 12:36 PM »
I wonder how many are around who like me and other Crew Members who had to  stay over in Anchorage during during a Crew Change from Tokyo it was a full crew change

Offline PaulInuk

« Reply #52 on: Mar 25, 2022, 12:45 PM »
I did 1993/4 world cruise ,after a while I got a bit bored ,so I went and worked crew side mostly doing breakfast and lunch

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: Volunteers Required
« Reply #53 on: Jan 03, 2023, 08:42 PM »
Hi Rob,

Yes I would indeed like to make a contribution. I will have to see if I have any photos of myself on QE2. Yes of course I have a number, but as they were taken by the official Photographers there maybe be copyright issues. I'm sure i can find some however that were taken with my cameras other than lovely dining table photos unless I have permission from all of the participants! 

However the main point of this brief note is to suggest that as some of us have made many voyages on our beloved ship that we ought to make a number of short articles available on different voyages to avoid confusion.

I will work on on it and dig out some of my own best pix both of the ship and of different places I went to.

Finally how many words would you like per article approx?

Let us know your thoughts on this one

Regards

photocruiser

Hello there,

You have whetted our appetite both with your name "Photocruiser" and your offer.

Yes please, let us see lots of photos, and if they were taken by the official ship's photographers and you bought them, there is no copyright issue, as you now own them.

As regards writing about your cruises, perhaps you could start by writing an introduction in one of the "Introduction" sections (crew or passenger / enthusiast as appropriate) and then following up with each of the cruises you would like to tell us about. It would be great to enjoy your memories!