Author Topic: What from onboard would we rescue?  (Read 11010 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: What from onboard would we rescue?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35 AM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 05:35 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Oh..is that it? I can honestly say l have no recollection of ever seeing it. Its memorable for not being memorable.. Oh thanks for posting the photo. l must have walked past and never given it any thought.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #32 on: Oct 31, 2013, 07:02 AM »
Is it time to think more about this topic?
Maybe - because it will be crucially important for her owners.

Having spoken loud and clear about the project that includes Heritage in the title - Everything that QE2 has carried round the world is part of her heritage, and most definitely needs Preservation - doesn't it?
Rosie

Online Bob C.

« Reply #33 on: Oct 31, 2013, 05:47 PM »
Concur Rosie.  This thread would and should be the perfect place to start for the designers!  That and including me as a consultant ;-)

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #34 on: Oct 31, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Concur Rosie.  This thread would and should be the perfect place to start for the designers!  That and including me as a consultant ;-)
OK Bob - As consultant, you'ld agree wouldn't you, that there should be absolutely no cheap and tacky replicas or otherwise put in QE2 - if the originals can be used - Fantastic. 
If not, then what do you recommend?
I'm thinking of items like the statues, the Falklands wooden memorial plaque, and of course the silver Asprey model, her Builders Plate, her Great Bell, the Royal Standard, the bust of the Queen - the latter five items comfortably sitting on board Queen Elizabeth and not forgetting everything from the Wardie and the Captains Quarters,  Thomas's heritage collection behind glass on the stairways (E) I think, The Collection of Model ships as well as the street names from the Crew Quarters etc etc,
'The great Samurai', the Boston Cup (now on QM2) and All wonderful pictures, including the Graham Sutherland, and All wall hangings including the John Piper.
If none of these are to be re-installed, Please then could Cunard rescue these precious items and install them in a museum in the UK? If not the National Maritime Museum (and if not - why not?), then the Maritime Museum in Liverpool - the port where QE2 was conceived.
Please Everyone, You are all 'Consultants' - join in too!

How fast have you travelled onboard

Started by cunardqueenBoard Service Life (1969 - 2008)

Replies: 9
Views: 3871
Last post Oct 20, 2017, 11:31 PM
by Thomas Hypher
Thank You to the Workers Onboard

Started by Louis De SousaBoard Discussions about QE2 while laid up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 15
Views: 2689
Last post Feb 16, 2018, 02:39 PM
by June Ingram
Memorabilia from QE2 onboard QE to be returned to QE2?

Started by Louis De SousaBoard QE2 News while in Lay-up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 11
Views: 3206
Last post Apr 10, 2018, 02:09 AM
by Brandon Sterkel
December 2000 Helicopter Rescue at Sea

Started by Scott EbersoldBoard The 2000s

Replies: 5
Views: 4021
Last post May 25, 2009, 04:24 PM
by Scott Ebersold
Onboard Furniture...

Started by TwynkleBoard Miscellaneous QE2