Author Topic: Southampton 01/09/02 - Civitavecchia 07/09/02  (Read 2324 times)

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Southampton 01/09/02 - Civitavecchia 07/09/02
« on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:53 PM »
I've been promising for some time to write about our honeymoon voyage from Southampton to Civitavecchia in September 2002; here are the pictures that were already in the computer.  Be aware it might be some weeks before I can actually scan any more in, but in the interim I will try to add in some details of the trip in writing, but for now, these will do as a start - and will no doubt bring back some of your own memories from the same situations, such as lazing around on the sun deck in those blue loungers...

Apologies about the quality of some of the pictures; they were scanned on my old system, which was a much lower resolution than my current scanner has.  When I scan the rest in I'll re-scan this lot as well.

And maybe this is a good time to ask whether anyone else from here was on board the same voyage or if they took photographs of QE2 along the way...? :)
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2010, 11:58 PM by Peter Mugridge »
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Andrew Collier

Re: Southampton 01/09/02 - Civitavecchia 07/09/02
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Great photos Peter, thansk for shareing, really looks like you had a wonderful time :-D
The Virtual Staff Captain