Author Topic: Janice MacKenzie (Heritage Guide): Deceased 16 November 2023  (Read 495 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

We received the sad news that forum member Janice MacK had died on 16 November. 

She was a Heritage Guide at Titan Crane, Clydebank and a volunteer at the Fairfield Heritage Centre. 

Janice had attended the QE2 50 year conference in Clydebank in 2017 and also the event at the Fairfield Heritage Centre where Rob Lightbody did a presentation on the slides he had rescued. 

Her sister Sandra said this about Janice:
Janice had a great knowledge of the Cunard ships built here on the River Clyde in Glasgow.

Her big ambition was to get out to Dubai and visit the QE2 but of course covid got in the way and then health issues prevented it further. She really wanted to have QE2 returned to the Clyde but deep down knew it was impossible.

She and I visited the original Queen Mary, also Clydebuilt, now in Long beach in California. We went there in 2015 for her 60th birthday and again it was her ambition to make another trip out there to visit her again.

You might want to look at Fairfield Heritage FB page there is a nice tribute there to Janice.

The funeral will take place on Tuesday 28 November, 2.30pm at Craigton Crematorium and afterwards at Drumoyne Bowling Club.

Webcast link:
http://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view  PIN to access 267-1818
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Clydebuilt1971

Re: Janice MacKenzie (Heritage Guide): Deceased 16 November 2023
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2023, 11:43 AM »
Sad news indeed Lynda,

I dealt with Janice when sorting out the charter to the Titan Crane the day after the conference and she couldnt have been more helpful.

Gav

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2024, 01:54 PM »
Sad and sorry to read this. Janice was lovely.
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2024, 10:39 AM »
I'm late to reply to this - apologies - I fondly remember Janice and her enthusiasm, she added so much to our events, and she will be sadly missed.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2024, 02:35 PM »
So sorry to hear this sad news.
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Hello from Janice

Started by janiceallan59Board Passengers & Enthusiasts Introductions

Replies: 6
Views: 2726
Last post Mar 05, 2010, 11:10 PM
by Peter Mugridge