Author Topic: June 2023 : Crew parties  (Read 879 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

June 2023 : Crew parties
« on: Jun 05, 2023, 11:28 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Crew parties", chosen by George C Griffiths.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, from within the ship, on deck or from shoreside. Photos must show at least a couple of QE2 crew members, or one crew member partying with non crew members. Use your own interpretation!

Are the crew in the photo having a party? Are they a party of crew doing something together? Do they just happen to be together, and a party may result? Anything goes... and of course crew members are especially invited to bring their photos into this theme :) .

Some may already be in the QE2 Story Gallery -- if you would like to use one of those for the competition, just let the Moderators know, and we can enter them for you, without removing them from their original albums.

Your description should if possible give some information about the situation being depicted, and the year.

Photos entered should be your own, or if not, please post them with permission of the photographer, mentioning the name for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

Enjoy the search! It is bound to bring many happy memories (and perhaps  many surprises!) :) .

The prize this month is the Seaman's Pocket Book June 1943 (donated by me). It contains lots of information useful to crew, and also to all of us interested in the essential knowledge that seamen acquire in the course of their work.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Crew parties.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems or would like us to move a photo from the Gallery into the competition, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to the above address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 30 June 2023. Voting will run from 1 July 2023 until 1 August 2023, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the closing date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the eighth month of photos for the 2024 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: June 2023 : Crew parties
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2023, 08:14 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Crew parties", chosen by George C Griffiths.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, from within the ship, on deck or from shoreside. Photos must show at least a couple of QE2 crew members, or one crew member partying with non crew members. Use your own interpretation!

Are the crew in the photo having a party? Are they a party of crew doing something together? Do they just happen to be together, and a party may result? Anything goes... and of course crew members are especially invited to bring their photos into this theme :) .

Some may already be in the QE2 Story Gallery -- if you would like to use one of those for the competition, just let the Moderators know, and we can enter them for you, without removing them from their original albums.

Thanks Isabelle, for posting the details for the June competition.  I hope this month's theme will generate some fun and interesting picture.

Who's up for the challenge to find your best 3 photos that meet the theme?

I'm off to have a look at my QE2 photos!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Chris Thompson

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2023, 11:42 PM »
"Crew Party Pictures" could venture into some Risque Territory! ;D ;D ;D

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2023, 08:59 AM »
"Crew Party Pictures" could venture into some Risque Territory! ;D ;D ;D

That could be a best selling calendar!  ;D
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2023, 09:40 AM »
Lots of crew photos that meet the theme in the Gallery albums. 
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/index.php?cat=18

If you want help to add to the competition album just send me a message or email admin@theqe2story.com

www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2023, 09:39 PM »

Isabelle's description of the theme is giving many opportunities for entries for this month's photo competition. 

I have added my 3 picture with interpretation of the theme.  Looking forward to seeing your photos whether you are crew or if you have photos taken with crew that meet the interpretation of the theme. 

It is good to enter photos to keep the memory alive - time to look at your QE2 pictures and upload three. 

www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2023, 09:29 AM »
Twenty-eight photos uploaded so far is not bad for starters, but we could do with a few more "crew parties" themed pictures. 

You still have a few days left to look for up to three photos that meet the theme and support the competition. 

Have a look at the instruction and if you need any help contact admin@theqe2story.com
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=10130.msg121755#msg121755

www.qe2event.com

Captain G E Smith (12 June 1969)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 2869
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 11:52 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Poll June 2020 : Surprise

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 12
Views: 1138
Last post Aug 01, 2020, 01:57 AM
by June Ingram
June 2022 : Around the / my cabin

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (2023 Calendar)

Replies: 8
Views: 961
Last post Jun 18, 2022, 08:53 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) report: Steam accident, 23 June 2002

Started by holynougatBoard The 2000s

Replies: 4
Views: 2418
Last post Feb 13, 2015, 04:55 PM
by Alan Snelson
QE2 Southampton departure June July 1969

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard 1969 and the 1970s

Replies: 10
Views: 5028
Last post Dec 28, 2020, 09:09 PM
by Lynda Bradford